E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I feel there's truly a lot of good skimmers out there. That said, there is no reason to buy an SWC skimmer when the owner acts like that.. What's the point? (especially because other skimmers cost the same or less, and perform better).

Here's an article that gives more detail:

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/12/12/owner-salt-water-connection-faces-1m-fines-jail-time/

It's not just that he's a "bad attitude". He is bad for the reefing hobby and we don't need news stories like this to further help those that want to shut down the industry. He's adding fuel to the fire.

As for the skimmer.. A recirculating skimmer is not really necessary in this case and will typically draw more watts than a normal pinwheel design. I think your best bet is still the SRO (Super Reef Octopus) 3000int or try the JNS line. It's much better to buy once rather than buying a few different skimmers (taken from someone who's owned about 20. :lol2:

Last edited:

Jaftica

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
ze9ude5u.jpg
I have a Seaside Aquatics CS-2, it is an awesome skimmer for the price point, comes with a sicce 1000 pump, very quiet once it breaks in, also skims like a beast..its basically a copy of a bubble magus 180, but with a much better pump.

sent from my piece of crap EVO

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: