• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
putting a t on your pump is exactly what i'm talking about or you can go over board and build a manifold (same thing).

just be carefull when cutting if you go to low their will not be enough water in their when the pump kicks in, normally you want that as heigh as you can, this is where your evaporation will show.

you can put a t in the sump to stop the gurgling if you want. it depends on what kind of set up you have on the dt. RR or over flow box.

sorry I don't know how you guys add the quotes

the thing is that without cutting the top or cutting the last baffle at least 2 inches I won't fit that monster pump:).
Oh, and I forgot to mention, I have RR with corner overflow. There is a durso like standpipe in the overflow. Question is, if I put filter sock, should I made another T for degassing or that Durso standpipe in overflow will be enough?

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
OK, I made final two "professional" sketches of how to put together that sump. Please comment.

First, based on great google sketch up blueprint made by
rkaragozler
sump7.jpg

I would like it to be that way, because the return pump is on the opposite side of skimmer, but the problem is to fit that pump inside the sump I would have to trim the baffle on the left or trim the top. Also, there is a little chance to drill holes in that baffle as you can't put there anything but a dremel. Anyway, the design is very good.

Ver2

sump6.jpg

Reefbum suggested that his father run this sump like in ver.2 and had no problems with microbubbles. Advantages of that are:

-there would be almost no modding if I do it that way, there's just one baffle I'd like to add for the fuge area
-the original filter sock holder can be used

And there's one con, the return pump will be in the same chamber as skimmer. OR, I can run the pump outside the sump if that will help. What do you think?

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
ok if you are willing to run the pump externally , why not just drill a hole, and put a bulkhead on the return side of drawing ver.2, this way you could keep the skimmer on the right side, and pump on the left.the only thing you would have to do is make the circles like in my drawing on the last baffle.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: