Rating - 100%
87   0   0
So my Western Digital HD is going, got a blue screen of death earlier and a friend came over and ran a few diagnostics on it with Hirens [i dont know much] It failed a short test and the long had over 7 errors at midway point.

i personally play a game online and replacing with a ssd sounds good. My WD drive is under warranty so i will surely get a replacement and just put that back on later along side the SSD.

i need the SSD to be 120-128 gig and i know my motherboard only supports sata 2, i was informed that they are backwards compatible so i know both the sata 2 and 3 versions would work...

i only need windows and my game to run on here [game is around 30 gigs] i use my mac for business and other things.

does anyone know what the best bang for the buck is? i personally would like to spend 100-150 max.

i was looking at this...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820171545

anyone have any input?

my comps running an i7,8 gigs,gtx 590

so hard to look at reviews considering the fact that they all have some DOAs and crashing reports. ugh

Last edited:

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I'm on a Vertex 2 right now, and been banging away at it for about a year now. No problems at all, but as with all SandForce-based SSDs (OCZ Vertex is one) they were problematic initially, but were largely fixed with firmware updates.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
If I had to buy a new SSD today, I would go with the Crucial M4 and update it with their latest firmware.

I'm running this on my mac. I wouldn't know the performance difference from this SSD or any other one, but this was certainly a huge performance upgrade compared to the stock hard drive

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: