JRLBRENNAN

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Got a kleins butterfly yesterday cause I heard they were great with aptasia and were hit or miss with coral first off my yellow tang hated him and the he started eating my acans just had to break my whole tank down to catch him what a nightmare he was like a coral eating machine

CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Got a kleins butterfly yesterday cause I heard they were great with aptasia and were hit or miss with coral first off my yellow tang hated him and the he started eating my acans just had to break my whole tank down to catch him what a nightmare he was like a coral eating machine

Butterflies are coral guzzlers 100% of the time.

When I started the hobby I of course, a noob, bought a kleins butterfly and that b*****d ate all my zoas lmao

JRLBRENNAN

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I heard they might nip at leathers and some stony once and a while but this MOfo was straight up biting chunks out of my acans they look ok cause as soon as I saw that I got him out do u think my acans will b ok

CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I heard they might nip at leathers and some stony once and a while but this MOfo was straight up biting chunks out of my acans they look ok cause as soon as I saw that I got him out do u think my acans will b ok

Should be fine. They will regenerate the tissue sooner or later. I accidently dropped a piece of rock on my acans and it kind of ripped a piece off, 2 weeks later it re grew. Now I have 2 acan colonies :)

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
yo bro didnt i told u they are a hit or miss lol sorry i got laugh ur post is funny right now but seriously butterfly and angels and foxface are forever mark of my list for this reason i guess the klien butterfly i got not too long ago didnt even get a chance to munch on anything in my tank cause he got a serious a$$ kicking from my tangs they all hated it so it on spend 25 min tops in my tank

peteyboyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I added 2 Caribbean peppermint shrimp to my 140g. Took about 2 wks, but they made short work of the 9 aptasia that I could see. Starved the tank for a few days to encourage them to feed on the aptasia. Gone...from what I can see. This was of course after loosing a copperband butterfly to my tang. Just my experience. GL.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: