thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Thanks

I have a via Aqua ill use until I order one. Thankfully I didn't run copper in my at qt I can use it ( not sure it would matter, but I'm not feeling that lucky with equip)
Fish starting to stir about. Both shrimp are dead. Looks like a snail or two also. All but two fish accounted for rt now. Maybe hiding though
Corals don't look very good: frog/some Zoas/toadstool

In the end, no fire no tragedy. Just some live stock and new heater. Very lucky!

Last edited:

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Skimmer pump isn't working either. So need new heater, skimmer pump
And my frostbite clown didn't quite make it through rest of stuff

I did find my watchman goby I haven't seen in months. Fatty too

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
Ehiem jager is a very good heater. Running 5 on my system for 4 years, no issues.

Eheim Jagers have worked well for me but they were a real pain in the a** trying to calibrate in the beginning. Wouldn't be a problem in a new system, but if you're switching heaters on an established tank, it could wreak havoc on you. Calibrate them in a separate water bin (larger the better) if you do decide to go with them. They've worked well since; great price too

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've had the same experience with the Eheim Jagers - thankfully the Apex controller managing the helps make their lack of calibration not such a problem. A few months ago (about a month after I moved to the area) I awoke to an odd burning smell. It also ended up being a heater. It took me an hour or so to isolate, as it didn't occur to me that a heater failure would cause a burning smell. It hindsight it sounds obvious though...

Anyway, everything worked out ok in the end, but it was hell on my kole tang. Each time the Apex would let the faulty heater turn on, it would run a shock through the tank. The tang looked like she was having seizures :-( Real touch and go for a few days for her, but she pulled through! The other fish and everything else were fine.

Good luck with your new heater!

takayan

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9bd8def5e674bf157f16b847ddbbfa46.jpg
it's not heater, but reactor pump. At midnight the snake came from the basement.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: