al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
my boss is part of the amateur astronomers association that meet weekly during the summer on the highline.....its kind of cool because they bring out their pro telescopes for the public to view planets. you should look into them.....im sure they can offer you great advice on purchasing telescopes!

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
sure thing. i know we keep a pretty hardcore telescope in the art studio but for $200 im not sure if you will be able to see more than dots. i'll pm u once i get some more information from him.

Treef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
for 200 I don't think you will be able to get a scope that will show you the planets any bigger than the eraser of a pencil. Can still see some details in say Jupiter or Saturn; bands and rings, but they will be faint and take a while for your eyes to adjust to spotting them. The moon will be a good target, and if you get a solar filter you can look at the sun. But if you want to see the fainter things like smaller planets and nebula's and don't want to spend a lot of money def consider the astronomy club of ny as mentioned above, they have some powerful scopes you can use and sometimes have talks, lessons, etc, and you get to meet fellow astronomers.

I bought my scope from Orion, can check out their site for info on the 3 main types of scopes

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
do your homework before you buy one. The $200 will not get you a high power telescope. You can probally get a used one from someone, or check out http://www.telescope.com

-the 90mm you will be able to see the rings of saturn (it will be small), the details of the moon, and maybe a few constellations.

Peter.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: