• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
weezyfella give him some time foxface are poisonus were u think they get the venom from?.... from zoas but not all fish are the same so u never know but i had two with the same result
and lenny718 are telling me demsel and clowns are the same type of fish ???

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
250   0   0
weezyfella give him some time foxface are poisonus were u think they get the venom from?.... from zoas but not all fish are the same so u never know but i had two with the same result

research to support this?

IamRobG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the damsel is definitely hosting the sebae. I had to snap a picture as soon as i saw it last night. I went down this morning to feed them and there he was sleeping in the sebae. It was pretty damn cool.

Rookie-I've been adding rock slowly. Thats my main purpose now is finish filling it up with rock. I still have the 58 operational so i've been curing the rock in that tank for about 2 weeks then put it in the 125. But i'm going to slow down now. I check the levels every day and yesterday afternoon the ammonia was almost non existent and the nitrates stayed the same.

Thanks for everyone's advice! So far so good with the fish being compatible, if they become a problem i'll worry about it then but as of right now no one is being aggressive and no one is eating anything they shouldn't be.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good with the fish being compatible, if they become a problem i'll worry about it then but as of right now no one is being aggressive and no one is eating anything they shouldn't be.
famous last words :tongue1: but i to would wait it out for the fox, i still think that the maroon and damsel should go, fish are not as aggressive at first, its over time when they've settled in that they become nasty many times for no reason at all. ive had quite a few fish and have been faced with handling aggression it not fun. just be prepared to take most of ur rock out and chase a fish around for an hour....lol yea that did happen to me...

IamRobG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rookie - The rock is pre-cured it has coraline on it, i just put it in the other tank for a few weeks to get rid of whatever die off happens.

THEDLO - I know what you're talking about i had a 3 stripe damsel that someone took a big chunk out of that i had to catch. 20 minutes and 2 people later i finally caught him.

tenMann2

y is it floating?
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
and lenny718 are telling me demsel and clowns are the same type of fish ???
if that's the case, there is a colony of zoas that I don't like, maybe he will help me take it care of it. :knockedou

T

THEDLO

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol a clown tang....those like the maroon clowns get very aggressive..its so unfotunate too cause its a stunning fish! enjoy! tangs are my favorite!

IamRobG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have the powder blue tang. I dont know why but every time i get a fish tank i do everything wrong fish wise and it works out well. The freshwater i used to have i had oscars and the gar with goldfish, chiclids and angels in the same tank and everyone got along. We'll see how it goes i always have a backup tank running just in case.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldnt say ur doing it wrong, just that in the future its going to be tough when u want to add other things. that general class of tang is weird at first they're cool but then later on they just go beast mode. lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: