Rating - 100%
204   0   0
That is my biggest fear To loses everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was mine too but this is why it's important to learn from others mistakes if possible. I think I should have done what I can to upgrade into a new tank or have another tank in my old apartment that I could have left the fish and coral in while setting this one up.

When you have a tank that is so mature, there will be some serious impact to your corals with during the move because of all that will die within your corals. It's just really hard to manage it all especially when you are doing all of this in a snow storm ha.

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Sorry to hear this. I feel your pain tho. I recently moved myself and did a tank transfer in late November. Guess summer months are better for this sort of thing. Lol. Wasn't a total loss but I did Lose my 2 year old super male flame wrasse , blotchy anthias and pretty much all of my sps frags and a rainbow chalice. Tuff to bounce back from losses like this but I'm determined to make my reef a masterpiece again. Good luck!1

You can do it man! Yeah the corals do not like the huge temperature or PH change and they defiantly had that with the cold temperature and bio that got stirred up.

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
wow man that setup was gorgeous. Model tank for sure. Tank moves are always rough but I guess you learnt some lessons from this. You'll bounce back.

Happy holidays. Man that naso is one gorgeous fish

If anything happened to the Naso I would have went nuts for sure. He is doing great and still eating out of my hands. Yes I learned a lot and hope others will too.

johnsonpics

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Rashid, Nooooo! Damn, I'm so sorry to hear that. Your tank was insane! I mean one of the best I've seen in person. Your going to make it even better though this time around, especially if your wife is encouraging!
When I'm back from the holidays, I'll text you and I can hook you up with some frags for sure.

Chris

joefriedrich57

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Been there brotha lost about 10k in corals over the spring last year. Only word of advice i can give you is come back stronger and next time hire a different mover!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Rashid, Nooooo! Damn, I'm so sorry to hear that. Your tank was insane! I mean one of the best I've seen in person. Your going to make it even better though this time around, especially if your wife is encouraging!
When I'm back from the holidays, I'll text you and I can hook you up with some frags for sure.

Chris

Thank you Chris! I appreciate that brotha

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Hey guys so here is a quick update of the progress! First of all, I wanted to thank everyone who offered up some frags I really do appreciate it and it's nice to have such an awesome community willing to help out when **** hits that fan for a local reefer. A couple of positives from this experience is that I was able to totally redo my aquascape and get a lot more room in the tank. It created way better areas for water flow, depth and I have a lot more room for CORALS ha ha!

More pics to come on progress in the up coming weeks. I will also post this on my tank thread because I want to keep the progress going there too.

Happy holidays everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_7919 (1).jpg
    IMG_7919 (1).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7920.jpg
    IMG_7920.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_7921.jpg
    IMG_7921.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7922.jpg
    IMG_7922.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 112

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: