James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Just an update to the thread, Tomtoothdoc drove all the way out to middle of nowhere BK to deliver some live rock, a fire AND a cleaner shrimp to Tyler's tank. Thank you Tom!!!! Tyler really appreciates the kind gesture and hopefully will post himself! We will be moving the tank to his apartment soon because the school-year is coming to an end (thank god). Hopefully Tyler or I will get a picture up here soon.

:)

Mr. P

Last edited:

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
hey tyler,
thanks for the trade. the kenya tree is in my holding tank now....i will be taking it to my office tank soon. i would love to see the pics once moved to your place. make sure to check the legs when the blood shrimp molts....he'll grow new ones to replace them.
it was a pleasure to finally meet james. i got to meet his other students also. tyler's tank is coming along nicely. there are more rocks now and tons of corals from mo-idol. tyler is very proactive in the tank's care and maintenance. they were quite excited about the shrimps and took turn using the hydrometer.
thanks to james, these students get a glimpse into our hobby. there's reef growing in brooklyn(middle school)!!!!!

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
a quick update. i happened to come a cross a free tank offer in the freebie thread.
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/sale-trade/65031-freebie-thread-2-a-50.html
my wife and daughter helped me pick it up yesterday from ucb1208. thank you rob for your generous donation. i will arrange to get the tank to tyler or james.
it's an 18 gal?? finnex acrylic tank and stand complete with built in rear compartments with skimmer and filtration system, pumps, and many accessories. i haven't gone through all the stuff dr. rob(he's an emergency medicine physician)gave me. the fixture that comes with it is a power compact that may need a bit of tlc....but i also just happen to have a 4 bulb t5's fixture for this exact tank...how's that for a coincidence?!?! so with the t5's, they'll be able to keep any corals in there.
will pose picture when i get everything cleaned up.

Last edited:

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Wow, we actually moved the tank to Tyler's apt. yesterday. He was excited. Everything is going well. I will talk to you about this on the phone Tom, you are really the man. Hopefully his grandmother will allow a new tank. :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: