Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello my name is Tyler and I just started my first reef-tank. It is a 12 gallon eclipse tank. It has a little live rock, a tank raised false percula clownfish, 2 blue-legged hermit crabs and some soft coral like Xenia, Kenya Tree and some zoas. Here is a picture of my tank.

2uym5p0.jpg

Tyler

Last edited:

Simon Garratt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tyler.

You've got yourself off to a great start there, and sorry i never got the chance to meet you at the frag swap.

keep up the good work and remember one simple rule of reefkeeping...'Nothing good happens fast in a reef tank'

take your time, research every addition you want to make before adding it......never think that a question is too stupid to ask....... and above all else...enjoy yourself.:smile:

All the best and good luck with your new reef.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
hey tyler,
welcome to mr. we've met at the swap when you were helping out tina.
the tank is looking good. are you up for a trade? i like your kenya tree on the right of the picture. i heard that you might be looking for a cleaner shrimp and some live rock? i just re-scaped part of my tank and have some extra live rock that won't fit back in. i would like to trade a cleaner shrimp, a blood shrimp and some live rock for a frag of that kenya tree.
send me a pm if you're interested.
thanks, tom

triggerhappy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Tyler welcome to MR. good Luck with your tank i have a green finger leather for you if you want it. I don't know how long your tank has been running check with your teacher if you guys would like it and want it its yours.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you to everyone who has looked at my tank. I just got a lot of awesome corals from moidol (Steve), I did not get to meet him because I was in math class but Mr. Pass came and showed me and we just put all of these corals into my tank. I think the saltwater helped with some bumps I had on my arm because now they are gone!

Tyler

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Thank you to everyone who has looked at my tank. I just got a lot of awesome corals from moidol (Steve), I did not get to meet him because I was in math class but Mr. Pass came and showed me and we just put all of these corals into my tank. I think the saltwater helped with some bumps I had on my arm because now they are gone!

Tyler

Saltwater the cure for all, reminds me of "my big fat greek wedding", the father used windex on all ailments... LOL

lets see some more pics tyler, and good luck with your venture.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Hey Tyler- was nice to meet you at the swap and Im glad to see you started a tank and nice clownfish by the way. Is he an attention hog like mine are?

You didnt read the information on the side of the saltwater container? It clearly states for the synthetic mixing of seawater to sustain life and remove bumps from the arm.:biglaugh:

Best of luck with your tank-- off to a great start, keep it up and be patient with it.

Last edited:

MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0

Tyler

Hey Tyler I've to rush back to work sorry I didnt get to meet you. Thank Mr.Pass(James) he's a great teacher with a great heart!

most of the zoas and favias dont need much lights it should do good in your tank except the (SPS)green pocillopora is for you to experiment place it high, if it doesn't make it let me know when you ready I got plenty good luck with the tank and keep us update.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: