Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Purchased a beautiful golden torch today at ManhattanAquariums. Got it home, took my bone cutters to snip off the plug part of the frag and the whole thing including the torch split in half. I'm just sick to my stomach right now, $80 down the drain.

greybolt03

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I. Ant remember we're but I've seen posts of this happening before but I think it was frogspawn... Don't give up on it completely... Can you try ang glue the skeleton back together or is it completely detached? Do you have a pic?

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Its completely detached. The fingers haven't completely retracted yet though. I just put it straight in the tank on the bottom with medium flow with hopes it might survive. I could probably glue it, but wasn't sure if glue would be good for it or not.

I sent manhattan aquariums a message, I doubt they'll do anything but its worth a shot.

Last edited:

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Its completely detached. The fingers haven't completely retracted yet though. I just put it straight in the tank on the bottom with medium flow with hopes it might survive. I could probably glue it, but wasn't sure if glue would be good for it or not.

I sent manhattan aquariums a message, I doubt they'll do anything but its worth a shot.

once you take a set of shears or tools to a coral, all bets are off - however, depending on what actually happened (pics would be helpful) it may be fine.

Can you shoot some pics?

House

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Unfortunately my girlfriend took my camera to Brazil with her, so that's not an option at the moment. Lights are out at the moment for the tank otherwise I'd say you could check out my webcam. If you remember to check out this thread in the morning you should be able to see the two pieces in the cam.

Amazing how these things can ruin your day.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: