guri

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I?m using vitamin c already 10 days. actually effect was good for my fish and also corals.(I had ick I my tank thanks to my friend he put new fish in the tank as a surprise for me had to move all the fish in sick bay for a week and thought that vitamin c will be good for a while) now what happened besides fish and corals I had always algae so my snails tangs and hermits were happy now all algae is gone and I have to supplement with it they are gathering around the bag of algae and waiting for me for other portion
Anybody have some experience with vitamin C?
What?s going on in my tank?

guri

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I have 90g reef tank and dozing 10 drops per 25g
When I removed fish I was feeding my tank because I have 11 shrimps and one red lobster
I never had problems with algae I always had enough on my back glass and rocks to feed snails and hermit I’m telling that now I don’t have any algae all snails and hermit are gathered on one place where I put screen bag of algae don’t see any algae on rocks and glass

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
i dosed liquid C (waste of time). then I switched to buffered powederd C. It was pretty awesome. Colors opened up more, but i accidently OD'd the tank one night when i was drunk** and had a massive bactrial outbreak. nothing died but, i stopped after. It was worth it, i might actually try it again. Hard part is dosing 2x a day. I constantly forgot.

** Reefer rule #87 - NEVER touch your aquarium after 3+ alcoholic drinks

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
I dose for a little over a month.. great results! I see some differents colors that i never saw on the same coral. there is a good thread on RC regarding vit. C.
I started with BW liquid and now i am using a powder mixing with RO water. I dose daily 1/4 spoon. Vitamin C also reduce nutrients...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: