nijunet

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am having some trouble with my vortech. It is blinking green and red. I have tried everything in the manual and now I am just completely lost. I took the wet side apart there is nothing blocking the propeller, I can't reset it. Any help would be appreciated it before I throw it out of the window!!!!:irked:
Nicole

daaznmofo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
try the alignment section in the manual.
you can also try holding the wet and the dry and moving it unless it starts spinning.

nijunet

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Tried everything, I have contacted Vortech just waiting to hear back in the mean time I put the Tunze back in and am still open to any suggestions.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
ecotech is just going to send you to icecap cuz their service sux and they want nothing to do with it. Icecap doesn't want to hear about it either. They just want you to send it to them and let them take care of it. Fast turn around though.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
ecotech is just going to send you to icecap cuz their service sux and they want nothing to do with it. Icecap doesn't want to hear about it either. They just want you to send it to them and let them take care of it. Fast turn around though.

Icecap and ecotech is no more from what ive heard. Now it is just ecotech.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
last I checked the deal was that Tim could leave but icecap still got to handle all the service for them. It might have changed recently but judging from past experience with both, they don't want to hear about it. They just want the unit sent to them so they can fix it and send it back. The service is amazingly fast but you're still left feeling like they couldn't care less.

fernandokng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Green and red? Isn't that like a programming error? I don't think that's any hardware issue.

Try this.

Set the vortech in the feed mode (white)
Once you get it into feed mode, reset the pump (follow the instructions).
Get the memory cleared and then it should work.

nijunet

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey Jim,
The wet end is not spinning. I am so annoyed. Having a bad tank week!!

Fernandokng, I can't even get the pump into feeding mode. it is not responding to anything.

daaznmofo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
unplug the power plug, the end from the driver, not the outlet end. separate the wet and dry ends. spin the propeller and see if it's loose. if it is, put the power plug back into the driver and then try to realigned the ends together and see if it starts up again.
i keep on doing this until i get it back working.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Nicole,

if this works and when you put it back onto the tank it doesn't spin, then it definitely is the washer on the inside of the wet end.

Take the wet end out and see if you can spin the prop - if so and it causes a red/green condition, you'll need to send it back to get services. Ecotech prefers you send the whole thing back, not just the failed part.

HTH and hope you have a better tank week.

Jim

unplug the power plug, the end from the driver, not the outlet end. separate the wet and dry ends. spin the propeller and see if it's loose. if it is, put the power plug back into the driver and then try to realigned the ends together and see if it starts up again.
i keep on doing this until i get it back working.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: