walnuts24

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
As you can see in the FTS, the anemone that I partially tore his foot, has moved to under a rock, however, he does not look that great.

It took him a month to move, and now I can see the green coming back in his tips, but, he does not look that happy. Maybe it is from losing the clowns that were hosting in it. I have another anemone in the tank that looks like it is doing well. And I don't know if it is possible but I notice that my bangaii cardinals like to hang under him almost like they are hosting it (not in it, but directly under it near the foot)

Also need a restocking plan. My original tank was like a large pico reef, chromis, cardinals, clowns, cleaner wrasse, fairy wrasse. Undecided if I am going to go that route again or more towards fewer, larger fish like dwarf angels and larger wrasses. Any input would be appreciated.

Mike389

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Get a phosphate reactor to help with nutrient export... Added one to my tank and noticed a difference in overall health of all my inhabitants.. Also, upgrading your skimmer would be a good idea if you plan on keeping sps in the near future... Don't get dwarf angels because they pick at corals I would go with wrasses and clowns... Nice tank BTW

walnuts24

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
It has been 3 weeks since my tank crash.

After realizing that the reason for the tank crash was my cleaning, I tested my parameters until they were steady for a couple of days and bought a new school of chromis. They survived a week and then I bought a pair of clowns. They survived a week, then last saturday I bought a nice Coral Beauty Angel.

Now I have 2 bangaii cardingals, 2 ocellaris clowns, 5 blue green chromis, one angel, AND ICH

The coral beauty has it and it is my first fish disease and I am going to treat it with Hyposalinity after realizing there is slim to no chance I catch this fish in my rockwork.

A couple of questions I really need answered ASAP.

Will my corals/anemones/CUC survive hyposalinity?

How do I go about lowering the salinity?

What do I try and get my salinity to? I usually keep my tank around 1.021. My system is a 70 gallon DT with a 10 gallon sump so a little less than 80 total gallons. I just took out 1 gallon of salt water and replaced it with RO water I had on hand.

What is next?

I do not have a refractometer and I am using a cheap hydrometer to measure the salinity.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: