Will

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
They sell Ro/Di water at Walmart here on Long Island. ..think it's around .88cents a gallon..... Surprised they don't have it at your Walmart. A 2 gallon water change is not much unless you have a 10 gal tank...
Sorry , did you mention the size of your tank???

empire

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
+ 1 i have a 30 gallon and do weekly 5 gallons, and i still don't think that's enough. aren't you in sayreville or east brunswick? hit up aquatic obsessions, captivating coral, and red sea. they are all pretty much in our area. rodi ranges from $.50 - $1.00, and saltwater is anywhere from $1-$1.50, depending on what salt these vendors use.

peteyboyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Stop using spring water. It has trace elements and minerals that may not be healthy for a reef. Safe drinking water is anything below 400ppm. Most tap water has less than 1/4 of that. Spring water may fall in the middle somewhere, which means "no bueno". If you're going to use bottled water, use distilled water. Or, crunch some numbers comparing yearly bottled water costs vs. one lump sum for an RO/di unit. Don't hang it up anywhere if it bothers them. Keep it stored until you need to make water. Fill up your bucket and store it away again. Just something to think about.

jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Rodi units are easy to hook up when needed then hide when not. I keep mine under a sink and make water about once a week, then back under it goes.

Did you say you have no test kits? I would at least get an API reef kit. Usually like $30. Not that accurate but better than reefing blind!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: