A

Anonymous

Louey":4g1sp9w9 said:
Wazzel":4g1sp9w9 said:
Wazzel":4g1sp9w9 said:
How is the coral beauty as for as nipping is concerned? I had one years ago and it was a nipper.

This one is well behaved as far as I can tell. There have been no signs of nipping.

That temps me to try one again. They are gorgeous!

I have never had a problem with coral beauties or flames. Rusties on the other hand are bastards.

I had a flame that nipped on everything 24/7. Took me a month to catch him with a trap. Left me leary of Angels in general.

After the Rusty angle tore up my tank I was leary also. I think of all the dwarf angles flames and coral beauties are the safest. Of course there are no guarantees with fish behavior.

A

Anonymous

Here it is 3 months past move. Everything is growing, but some of the colors are still a little off. I will be happy once all the little pieces fully encrust and I no longer have to worry about them getting popped of the rock by a snail or urchin.

[rimg]https://photos.smugmug.com/Other-2/120-build/i-BCXgrJd/0/L/IMG_0716-L.jpg[/rimg]

A

Anonymous

How are those gyres(sp?) pumps working out? while I really like the Ecotech MPs, I'm having a bit of a problem with quality - for the third time, I have to replace the wet side - the shaft wore through the backing plate again.
I've let my 65 go fallow for the time being, so I havent been in a hurry to replace it(wet side) yet, and I feel my "new" aurora lights arent enough(they're essentially ecotech knock offs, with one puck per side - I think two light pucks per side shouldve been done)...Once I finish restoring Black Betty, I wanna start redoing my tank - at the moment, it only has a yellow tang living off the hair algae remnants and a couple snails and hermits...

A

Anonymous

budhaboy":fukg8krm said:
How are those gyres(sp?) pumps working out? while I really like the Ecotech MPs, I'm having a bit of a problem with quality - for the third time, I have to replace the wet side - the shaft wore through the backing plate again.
I've let my 65 go fallow for the time being, so I havent been in a hurry to replace it(wet side) yet, and I feel my "new" aurora lights arent enough(they're essentially ecotech knock offs, with one puck per side - I think two light pucks per side shouldve been done)...Once I finish restoring Black Betty, I wanna start redoing my tank - at the moment, it only has a yellow tang living off the hair algae remnants and a couple snails and hermits...

The gyres are doing great so far. Sorry to hear about the tank problems.

A

Anonymous

Wazzel":1tea0xqf said:
budhaboy":1tea0xqf said:

The gyres are doing great so far. Sorry to hear about the tank problems.
dont be sorry - after the flatworm plague, I decided to let it go fallow, and leave the hair algae mess to the yellow tang(last resident other than 3 snails and a couple hermits)..now, I'm gaining a bit of interest again, and I'm considering the new route I'm gonna take - no fish, shrimp and critters only, a few sps along with all sorts of encrusting corals...

A

Anonymous

6 month post transfer snapshot.

[rimg]https://photos.smugmug.com/Other-2/120-build/i-fd8hQ5x/0/L/IMG_0975-L.jpg[/rimg]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: