Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hey folks,

For those who have been in reefs for a while and know me, nice to see you all again after my little hiatus. Josh reached out to me last night after a little internet kerfuffle (feels like 2008) and dragged me out of retirement. More later.

For all the newer folks, a giant fat welcome aboard to the Women in Reefing sub, which I want to tie right now to the LGBTQ+ sub.

My goal here is to help foster a space where all of us-whether you are part of these groups, or another disenfranchised group-have a space to share experiences. Time to support each other, but time to also put a light on the behavior that the regular folks don't see. The threads that get deleted elsewhere...let's talk about them. The ugly thing that happened to you....let's discuss and maybe find ways to influence culture shifts.

15 years ago I didn't want to be in a featured Woman in Reefkeeping article because I didn't think it was necessary. Now I want us to show up enough where that article wouldn't make sense because we are everywhere.

Buckle up and bring your baggage folks. Let's dig in. And let's talk some fish along the way too, ok?

ichthyogeek

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the "threads that get deleted elsewhere" also include deleted singular posts? I may have linked this forum to another and somehow it gets considered as "directing members away from the [forum] community" ....just sayin.....

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
My goal here is to help foster a space where all of us-whether you are part of these groups, or another disenfranchised group-have a space to share experiences. Time to support each other, but time to also put a light on the behavior that the regular folks don't see. The threads that get deleted elsewhere...let's talk about them. The ugly thing that happened to you....let's discuss and maybe find ways to influence culture shifts.

15 years ago I didn't want to be in a featured Woman in Reefkeeping article because I didn't think it was necessary. Now I want us to show up enough where that article wouldn't make sense because we are everywhere.

Buckle up and bring your baggage folks. Let's dig in. And let's talk some fish along the way too, ok?
Actually, please accept my invitation to be featured in an article.

The blogs I have written highlighting women in reefing, which spawned sub forums, is about celebration. I hope that my blogs continue to make sense - celebration can never be unnecessary IMO and so I will endeavor to continue writing about the women I learn about.

Merry Christmas to all.

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Here's the thread I started over the summer. - Perhaps it can be moved here? @prattreef

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: