theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Mars

imo it's not the brand, because some are new, or used to be under another name, or are completely unknown.
Is it dimmable. Does it have separate power cords for each channel, so you can control each channel separately via external timer. If it's programmable then that doesn't matter.
Does it have lenses, what angle are the lenses.
What brand bulb, what spectrum
Does it have heat sink, fans
Then who and where did you buy it. What's their rating. Will they communicate with you if there's a problem. Topdogseller on eBay has been great. Have bought a ton of stuff from him.

Last edited:

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I actually was just looking on ebay yesterday, thinking about getting more light over my frag tank so i can use the edges of the tank more.

I personally liked a model by both Sunspect and Wellbar because they have 4 different spectrums of blue/violet. Although I dont have any experience with them, I just like the specs on them.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I'm returning to my 180 and want to switch from 3 metal halide 250s to 3 165w leds. What is the most reliable brand on ebay? Thanks.

Was in the same boat as you a few months ago.

I went with Sunspect instead of Mars because of the timer option, now they have a wifi version as well.

I also like Ocean Revive T247 as well.

All three of these brands seem to be the best as far as chinese black box leds.

Welcome back :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: