• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
If we summon the spirits of Leonin, John Dunstaple, Bach, Beethoven and even the more modern Henze to listen to the "Rock" you mentioned, they will go right back to hell or heaven immediately and say the new music are all junk. I remembered when vocal is introduced as an instrument of music, the world was outraged and see what happened now. Instrument alone type music are mostly left to classical and electronic trance. Even Spanish guitar is rarely heard. Songs/music without vocal is almost serving only a niche group of people. I feel, it's changing time, changing culture, and in fact, sincerely, I believe of our changing genes that people start to like music that differs from the past. Art or no art is really upto yourself.

However, I do hate to hear sames song all day long, be it rock, jazz, classical, trance, hip-hop, "piano", "guitar" or even this folk song. I wish the DJs of the radio stations can compromise a limitation as to how many currently hit songs each DJ can play in a day.

Last edited:

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
there really are no good stations down here, which is surprising. You'd think with all the different groups of people there would be a good variety. You're right. It's the same 10 stations that all play the same 5 songs over and over again.

It was bad enough when 92.3 was a decent (at best) rock station, but now it's another pop clone.

There is good pop/rap-ish type music out there (like Mos Def, for example) but those artists don't get air time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: