• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I work in a kitchen all day long (12 hrs.) most Days.
Well when I am @ work I dont fight over the radio. I am the boss and I could listen to whatever I want all day long, but I allow my crew to choose the music they want to listen to.
I have a computer in my office so I can escape this CRAP!!! whenever I need to.
My problem is this. All the guys in my kitchen are fairly young guys and they listen to station like z100 or one of the 10 other radio stations like it.
These stations play the same 10-20 songs all day long. There are days where I have heard the same lady Ga-Ga song 21 F/N Times.
And I could not possibly, not understand, that "Tonight is gonna be a good night""" .
Is it me or does anyone else feel like pop music has lost any of the, very little credibility, that it ever had?
There is No talent involved in any of this music except maybe from a post production standpoint.
It Has gotten to the point that when the spanish station goes on, I feel an overwhelming sense of relief. But they ruined that too because apparently the same issue that a Z100 has, exists in the latin market also.
So what is a sane music loving person to do... I GIVE UP. While I am ranting here that freakin paparazzi song is on again.... 5 times since 10:30 Am... I swear to you., I am counting and I will give you a total of just this song @ the end of the Day.. and these guys love it,, there is one singing it right outside my office door right now.
It amazes me that in a Market as large as New York City there is no room for a "CURRENT" rock station, because I dont want to listen to 104.3 either.. I mean how Many times can I hear "Turn The Page" Before I
Actually Do,,, Or another Boston song.
Well these guys are about to get introduced to Led Zeppelin 1, and then I think we are going to segway into some Iron Maiden and then maybe a little OLD Aerosmith (I mean really old like "Rocks")
Then we are going to get nuts with a little Public Enemy,,and The Chronic album Maybe we will throw on Paul's Boutique.
A new day has risen in the kitchen.
Sorry about this long rant, but does anybody feel like I do????
Or am I just old and out of touch. God I hope so

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I just got Sirius for my car last week.
But I dont think they played the same Elvis song 21 times a day. Anyway he was a talentless hack ,,, living off others writing his music.

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
:shhh:............. And tonights gonna be a good night, and tonights gonna be a good good night...Insert chorus:splitspin:tongue1:.... I GOT a FEELIN!

Thats annoying isnt it..:irked:

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I dont think 87.7 is going to help my situation. I also find it really hard to believe that anyone thinks that paparazzi song is good. Epecially a Techno version,, that is like an entirely new kind of HELL
Techno is Machine made Robot "music"

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
If I were you, I'd give them what they probably dont expect tomorrow:tub:. A little bit of :

50 cent
( I can see you know cooking to "ITs your birthday, GO SHorty!, Its your birthday!!:birthday:)
JayZ (Girls, Girls, Girls I do Adore)
DMX
Jadakiss
Snoop Dogg
TI

Have a different music theme for each day of the week so you get VARIETY! That way everyone will be happy! Or not happy..lol

Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Play some Maiden, Tool, Slayer and Ministry and maybe they'll work faster or be so scared that you will never have a problem again!

I couldn't agree more...get a ZEN, fill it with metal, plug it into the computer or stereo...or, get a FREE subscription to xm radio for 1 week(at a time, but there are ways around that-just re-up with a new email...) at:
https://xmro-secure.xmradio.com/xstream/api/show_trial_form.jsp
they have a ton of great music stations. and, if you do, check out opie and anthony 6 am to 11, then ron and fez from 11 to 3...i think you'll like it, and so will the crew.

UnknownWaters

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Chem just load the computer up with your taste of music and jack it into the stereo with a 3.5 cable and let it ride. I also am a chef owner but I kinda like to play old school Tony Bennet, Andrea Bocelli, Louie Prima and stuff like that. but im in the process of loading up my hard drive with some nice classic rock just for us in the kitchen. so when in doubt if you want to (shake em all night long) and let them jump on your ( crazy train) and watch them move there arses like a ( bat outa hell) try some AC/DC OZZY or some good old MEATLOAF.

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Most of the music coming out these days is terrible. It is insane to beleive that Lady Gaga's album broke a record for the most hit singles when it is pure crap. It is just the marketing machine of these record labels and the radio stations themselves brainwashing young people into thinking that crap is art. the lyrics for half of these songs can be written by ten year olds. There is some good stuff out right now like Jay-z but I have trouble understanding how Brittany Spears, Miley Sirus, and Lady Gaga are considered artists.

SWITCH420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES all radio sucks and most of the new music all bs now u dont have to have any talent just know someone it sad how bad the new music is 98% of it sucks

cowfish

Psycho-ologist
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I feel your pain chemchef. Somehow, over the past 5 years or so, "music" has turned into pre-recorded two chord tracks with lyrics written by 12 year olds suffering from tourette's syndrome.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: