jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have a POS Milwaukee MA957 that is virtually impossible to adjust with any consistency. I have to tweak the darn thing 2X a day or will continue to drift off (or on!) until it stops allowing flow or until disaster strikes. That coupled with the fact that the solenoid is not functioning at all has me looking for a replacement. However, I don't know much about this particular piece of equipment and I don't want to toss it if it can be rebuilt (I see that I can buy the solenoid and needle valves separately).

So...for those that have been in the same seat or know more about CO2 regulators than I...what are my (reasonable) options?

TIA

Jeff

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Hey Jeff...I have had good luck with my Milwaukee, but I have a Reef Fanatic as a back up just in case. There is also a good one made for plants with or without an LCD read out which is really good. I got to to search for the link....

Last edited:

jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hey, Mike.

Should I just rebuild with a new solenoid and needle valve? I guess there's nothing wrong with the gauges or the main valve.

Let me know when you find that link

Thanks
Jeff

jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Damn! It happened again. Just when I thought it was dialed in (effluent was at 6.8 and stable for two days) I woke up this am and the effluent was at 5.99 and bubbles werent countable! WTF

I am running from this Milwaukee reg asap.

just had to vent

James983

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Get yourself the Aquarium Plants regulator. It is far an away better than any other. I used to go crazy trying to set that stupid bubble counter and it would flucuate almost daily. The Aquarium Plants Regulator is twice the price, but well worth it IMO.

Breakin Newz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Get yourself the Aquarium Plants regulator. It is far an away better than any other. I used to go crazy trying to set that stupid bubble counter and it would flucuate almost daily. The Aquarium Plants Regulator is twice the price, but well worth it IMO.

+1 without a doubt!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Reefs

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0

+1 also get the bubble coutner option. This will accurately let you know how much Co2 you will get out of your bottle. This way you know when its getting close to the end unlike other gauges. I have had a milwaukee lasted 3 months and then one from Mtc that was pretty good but none were as easy and as acurate as this one.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
I have the same milwakke regulator..it has been impossible to keep consistant for me,especially at a low co2 rate. higher co2 works a little better. the other day i bought a used aquarium plants regulater and i use both of them and its been spot on. the aquarium plants regulator has a purchase option where you could buy the box only for situation like this when your regulator is inacurrate. you will just need a bubble counter after the new regulator

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: