Ron_Vas

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've tried Google and found nothing. Does anyone know how I'd get white slime looking stuff on my powerhead and bottom of trashcan I use for mixing RO? BRUTE gray trashcan, clean it everytime I empty it, only mix salt in it and add nothing else. Wondering if it's harmful if I use it.

jjfriscia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Probably residue from the salt. After mixing any water left over will foul. If your wiping it though that's odd. Probably still remnants of water left over. If your covering the bucket right away after using it its probably holding in whatever moisture is left in the bucket.

frankny

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 23 gallons trash can for rodi water always has lot of light brown slime built up on the wall, tds shows 0-1, i guess it was some sort of bacteria from the air, all the pump and tubing in the rodi can are with slippery slime, i cover the can as much as i can but the slime are still there, dont know if they are harmful to corals, currently i got fish only in the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: