Gracias

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I am looking to see if anyone sees a benefit in taking apart thier return or skimmer pumps and if they notice a difference after they clean and reassemble?

My buddy says "if it aint broke dont fix it" i was wondering what the community does.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I'm constantly cleaning pumps. It's not as necessary with the smaller internal pumps but when you start playing with larger external pumps, salt and dust can seriously cut into the lifespan of the unit. Clean pumps can also cut down on heat.

Gracias

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
i just took apart my skimmer pump sendra 5000 - it was abit gunked up...question - is the impeller supposed to come apart from the shaft?

i put it back together and it works but seems to me they should be one piece - thoughts?

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Skimmer pump gets cleaned when I notice it being noisy. A good cleaning out renders the skimmer completely silent and gunk production seems faster.

Return, less often, though I do pull off the grill and clean that pre-filter sponge dealie about every week or 10 days (it's an eheim 1260).

I do the same with Vortech wet sides. I seem to be able to tell by ear when it's time to give them a bath in vinegar, or at the least, a rinsing and toothbrushing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: