duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
has anyone ever been there.i use to work there when i was a kid and i was not in the hobby at that time.im going to brooklyn next saturday and i was going to stop by and check it out.just wondering the quality or even if they still have salt water fish and corals...thanks

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to work there too, like 90-92. I don't talk to Gary personally, but I live in the neighborhood. He has no more fish, cut the store in half, and just sells dogs now, I am pretty sure.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
They suck. Many years ago they had a nice selection but recently they only had dead corals and very sick fishes. I remember paying like $30-40 for a percula. Also their dogs are sick and I heard a lot of people complaining about them.

MlanzYo

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would only go to them for some things. ((I am interested in doing a reef tank, so thats why I am here.)) I have my gold fish tank and they are very hardy fish. i have bought most of them from World of Pets. Especially my beautiful Koi who runs the ship in there. However, the fish in the other tanks DO NOT look healthy, and the selection is small. They are ALSO very pricey. A few months ago they cut the store in half, and shoved everything in the back by the fish. Its very frustrating to shop there. There is a guy Pete who works there, not sure if he still does though. Everyone else aside from Pete has been NO HELP! Kind of like home depot, thats not my department kinda thing. 1000 Island is MUCH better for reefers.

http://www.1000islandaquarium.com/

So I would go with the flow here, World of Pets, Thumbs down.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
i seen one of the sale persons... play with some reptiles then stick his hands in the fish tanks right after... i walked right out after i saw that.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: