Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Although I have had a couple of issues with heaters, leaving MH on to long, numerous blackouts, my worst was getting cancer, moving couple of days after surgery, and hiring so called professional aquarium movers from "Bob's Tropical" on Myrtle Ave.
They broke one of my stands because they left the sump with all it's sand & water in the stand. They setup the tanks in the new place, and simply threw everything into the tanks (literally threw). Then the furnace broke down, and the inside of the house was colder then the outdoors in the middle of Feb., coupled with the having to wait over the weekend for keyspan to come and fix it. Total loss on both tanks 75 gallon, and 120 gallon.

Best thing that ever happened was meeting Mike/Slamajama & Chris/louismustdie who brought together a bunch of others to my rescue! All things happen for a reason!!!!!!. That event brought me to where I am today in my reefing experience.:)

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I would have to say, coming home from a vacation where my GF's mother was takng care of my tank and every single coral was dead (im talking about some 50 corals, sps, clams, softies, EVERYTHING)....and as a result I flipped out, she split, moved out and we broke up....Try and top that Sh*t

triggerhappy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
upgraded to a 90 gallon a month and half later it sprung a leak at 1:00 am lost about 20 gallons of water i live in a third floor Apt. No major damage no losses just had to redo the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: