Smallreef41

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Tristate Aquariums

I dont know if there is a forum for local fish stores so i thought i put it here.

I went in to tristate aquariums today in Suffern, NY, and i was amazed. They have both freshwater and saltwater with a great variety. Fish were very healthy , and the tanks were very clean. The best part were their coral tanks. Not so much SPS, but LPS was great, everything had great color to it. Prices were very good on the fish and coral (some examples)

Maroon clowns $24
True percula clowns $22
Bangai cardinals $21
Those are the only ones i looked at:idea:
For corals they had
scolys
shrooms
zoos
galaxia
ricordia
much more
There was only staff member as it is a small store, His name is Will. He answered all my newbie questions and knew what he was talking about.
This is a huge upgrade from pets place 2 for those of you who have been there. I will definitly take the extra 10 min ride to buy from them.

Tristate Aquariums
191-8 Route 59
Suffern, Ny 10901
(845) 918-1707

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I just spoke with my friend and this is the place where he go the tanks from. They were just opening up at the time and he gave him a really good price. One day I'll take a drive there, as it's not that far from Pet Palace II.

Also Beitals moved to a new much bigger locations, basically right around the corner on 304. Much bigger store with a lot of tanks and hopefully healthier fish. I'm not sure if they're full stock yet, as when I was in there a couple of weeks ago they were still putting together a section of the tanks and didn't have a lot of livestock, but they were going to getting in some big delivers.

Last edited:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Pet Palace II isn't the place to get corals, they basically have the ordinary stuff but they do get in some very interesting and rare fish, but they're not cheap. The Owner is a real nice guy, as is his brother. Good to talk to and he's not afraid to bring in rare and expensive fish, though you definitely need to QT them big time.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
It will still be on Washington Street in peekskill. I will have an exact address hopefully next week when I talk to the owner. Smaller location but much nicer and much cleaner. Landlord will be taking care of the building.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: