Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Rivers and Reefs in Fishkill

Brother-in-law tried going there today. Was closed. Went to Petco up the road (was only looking for snails, so don't panic everyone), and the guy working there told him that that the EPA was involved. Not sure if it's true but that has to suck if it is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Reefs

slideways03

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Interesting. I made a few stops at river and reef over the past year. Seems that every time i went there the fish and coral selection got worse and worse. Josh (owner) seems to have to much on his plate. Trying to do the shark stuff and run the store. He just was not able to dedicate enough time to the store. I would like to know what really happend with the store and if it will reopen. Fish stores in the Hudson Valley are hard to come by.

I will also make mention that Absolute Corals is not far from where River and Reef is located. My experience at Absolute Corals was positive and the selection and price of livestock was very good. Anyone that is in the Hudson Valley area should check them out!

exoticar

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 70%
7   3   0
Stopped by a few times in the past and doors were locked. Went there a few times and was extremely disappointed with the stock, or lack of. And personally, I don't like being talked to in a condesending manor! And stopping by Petco up the street, they had 2 achiiles and a juvvy chevron, nice surprise. And Rob at Absolute Corals has some nice stuff weekly!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I heard Josh was going through some family issues besides the troubles with balancing everything with the business's. I had a friend who worked there so the prices for were terrible. By the end it just wasn't worth going there. Had nothing available.

Absolute up the road is good. His stock wasn't great when I went it there but I know he gets good shipments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: