• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hello fellow MR members i was wondering does anyone know where i can get a baby sea hare they are great for keeping the tank extra clean of nuisance algae i know i know water changes and monitor phosphates I'm doing that but it keeps growing back my levels are listed below and i use RO/DI water for my top off and WC

alk- 8.4
phosphates 1.0
nitrates 5ppm
nitrites 0
ammonia 0
Ca 460
Mag 1410
Temp 78 steady
Salinity 1.025
Iodine 0.01
ph 8.31

So i don't know what else to do i had one before but it was too big and then he got stuck in my aqua clear power head ( i have removed it since ) and I've tried nudibranches but i think my sally light foot ate him so i just wanted to get a baby sea hare to help me.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
No, I called on phone before I went and then we had freak snow storm in Oct, been tankless since. The person i spoke to said they had them I stock, commented they usually do. I think they are vendor here send a pm (aquob). Maybe that's name not 100%

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
i know this is a wtb section but your phosphate issues could be because of feeding habits or what you are feeding. anything frozen should be rinsed in ro water or defrosted in it . try to stay away from flake or pellet. try that first.... i have tried sea hares and they don't really help keep phos down. last but not least try a phosban reactor. they are cheap enough.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i know this is a wtb section but your phosphate issues could be because of feeding habits or what you are feeding. anything frozen should be rinsed in ro water or defrosted in it . try to stay away from flake or pellet. try that first.... i have tried sea hares and they don't really help keep phos down. last but not least try a phosban reactor. they are cheap enough.

Yeah i do have one I'm about to change from FO to Rowaphos i just finished checking met phos levels again after a water change earlier today and now its down to 0 yayyyyy I'm gonna monitor it closely but i have to get rid of the hair algae thats in there now lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: