jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have almost 0 pressure at my kitchen sink where the RO is set up.
I've got a 8800 booster pump, and a permeate pump.
A few months ago my booster pump got fried by a clogged filter creating back pressure. I sent the pump out for repair and got it back almost a month and a half later. If it were not for the permeate pump barley keeping up with the demand of the tank i would have been in trouble. I'm thinking of buying a second booster pump just for backup. something to consider if you are dependent on the pump to make water.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
jhale said:
I'm thinking of buying a second booster pump just for backup. something to consider if you are dependent on the pump to make water.

I depend on mine also. I get about 40 psi, but only a drip, drip, drip.

Do I hear GB Jon? I also have the 8800. A spare might be a good thing. I haven't really thought about it until now. I'd be up the proverbial creek without a paddle if it went on me.

If the price were right I think I could sneak another one in here. But the price has to be right to go for a spare.

swimmer

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
masterswimmer said:
A spare might be a good thing. I haven't really thought about it until now. I'd be up the proverbial creek without a paddle if it went on me.
swimmer

the back up plan is great bear reverse osmosis bottled water.
but that get's old and real expensive very quickly.

Ronen where are the $65.00 8800 pumps? :scratchch

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
jhale said:
the back up plan is great bear reverse osmosis bottled water.
but that get's old and real expensive very quickly.

And not good for the old man's back. :frown:

jhale said:
Ronen where are the $65.00 8800 pumps? :scratchch

Ronen, are you here? Come on buddy, spill the beans. Where's the $65.00 Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump. Inquiring minds want to know. :tongue:

swimmer

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Comes with a pressure regulator

DSCN1951_384887.JPG

Contact Motepora if you are interested, I don't think he needs it and I want to get it out of my basement. $50 sounds fair?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
masterswimmer said:
And not good for the old man's back. :frown:

Ronen, are you here? Come on buddy, spill the beans. Where's the $65.00 Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump. Inquiring minds want to know. :tongue:

swimmer

Srry Russ ,I cant find it
I bought it a few months ago ,I saw the pump for 75 on ebay ,but not from aqua safe ,I emailed about hte pump ,lets se if they still sell them :Thinking:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
DEEPWATER said:
Srry Russ ,I cant find it
I bought it a few months ago ,I saw the pump for 75 on ebay ,but not from aqua safe ,I emailed about hte pump ,lets se if they still sell them :Thinking:

Thanks for the followup R. Was it the same brand and model? If it was, that's a killer price for brand new. :party:

swimmer

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I do have one of those hooked up, I don't know the pressure it's rated for.
I tested the gallons in my tank once, it was 4, which is good it's a 4 gallon tank, so I guess it's enough pressure what ever it is.

T

twinreef

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
masterswimmer said:
twin, looks like a solenoid to me.
Jon, you only get 4 psi? That's ridiculous man. I can hock a lugee with more force than that! :Yikes:

swimmer

It's suppose to shut off the pump when a certain pressure is reached. That's why I mentioned it.

jhale said:
A few months ago my booster pump got fried by a clogged filter creating back pressure.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: