Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Reefer Ratings: (32 (100%)
Friends: (20)
Send a Private Message
Brooklyn Can someone build me a stand?

I was going to order a shelving unit for my tanks but was wondering/hoping someone here might be able to help build me one. I have two 40g breeder tanks and a 30g long sump. I want to stack the two 40g's above the 30g. Figured it was worth checking here before ordering something. Please let me know if you think you can help. Thanks.

I want to clarify this doesn't have to be anything fancy just functional. Basically a shelving unit made out of 2x4's and plywood.

Last edited by cmantis; 07-08-2012 at 01:05 PM..
Old 07-09-2012, 04:19 AM
Reefer Ratings: (32 (100%)
Friends: (20)
Send a Private Message
If nobody here can help then what do you think of something like this? The weight capacity per shelf is 3,000lb. My only concern is with water spills or getting under the tanks. Could I somehow paint it or seal it?

https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/s...ing-36x24x60-2