BuGG

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
hey there, i would like to set up a small cabinet so i can organize most of the wiring, pump controllers, etc. for my tank. the cabinet should also be big enough for a 5-gal bucket for topoff and maybe dosing containers too. i thought ikea might have something, but i came out empty-handed. i'm wondering where you guys might find this. i was looking for 2 x 2 x 2 dimensions, but open to other ideas.

thanks in advance!!

Rating - 85.7%
18   3   0
There is nothing out there that would be "safe" and 100% stable. The best thing you could do is to build one yourself.

There are plenty of people on this site that will be more then happy to help.

Besides there a hundreds of advantages to buidling your own.

Just look thru the DIY threads

BuGG

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
There is nothing out there that would be "safe" and 100% stable. The best thing you could do is to build one yourself.

There are plenty of people on this site that will be more then happy to help.

Besides there a hundreds of advantages to buidling your own.

Just look thru the DIY threads

It will only be for the wiring and other misc stuff. Not a cabinet for the tank itself. There was a thread a while back about organizing/neat freaks and I thought that was a good idea. I have to look for that thread.

I'll look into DIY, but it might look like a disaster though. haha!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I just got done with a sweet cabinet project. Everyones needs are different but i had an incredible amt of wiring on the exterior of the cabinet.

I purchased a simple 12" wide base cabinet from Home Depot. Real crap.... Reinforced the casing with some plywood just in case. Put a divider in that split the cabinet into two sections. First 8" are dedicated to the wave makers. The back section is for h2o storage for ato. Put a removable top on. The whole thing seconds as a place to put qt for a 10 gallon tank.

On the side of the canopy i put a small box that hides all the reef keeper products.

First three pics are shots of the wiring mess i had. Last one is the finished product.

Cabinet cost $70

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 108

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
It all depends on how much room you have.

You could buy a side table/cabinet, bedroom or living room style and put it next to your tank to hide the ATO, it will look great and not be a messy shelf.

For your electronics, clear tank 4 to 5 inches from the wall and make a power board. Basically a cabinet grade playwood board, stained or paintend with the side closed with two little wheels on the bottom for easy pull out.

But that book shelf you posted looks nice if you have the room for it, I dont see his extension cords, power strips etc, just looks like a neat box for his toys.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: