bscpaint

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Actually 2 weeks ago they had one that was eating too now that i think about it. I dont really like that store tho, the amount of aptaisa,bubble alage and other parasites those tanks have is too much for me. Plus they are very overpriced for what you are getting.

bscpaint

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Nope thats the store, i was there for the first time a 2 weeks ago, they had 2 boxes of 1/2 dead fish come in from the philipines, i asked if a certain fish was eating, the guy replied yes its eating and we just got it in today so if you took it now we will give you the fish for 150 instead of 200. I shook my head but entertained him, and asked the guy to show me the fish eats, he put some mysis in the tank and the fish didnt even look at the food, he said oh the other fish are faster and got it all before that one could, i said thankyou and walked out. Fyi the fish is an 150.00 full price but you can find them for 80.00

The reef tanks on the right side towards the back where full of aptaisia and alage and priced at 2x any other lfs ive seen and not even healty.

I confronted my friend that told me to go there over a year ago but i never made it untill 2 weeks ago, and his words where exactly this" the owner sold the store to (one of his family members) and does not care about the store anymore because he is moving back to china"

I did not reply to this thread to bash this store even though that's what wound up happening, im just sharing my experience.

My personal opinion for my stores of choice are:
Pets Aquatic because you will not find anything from the Philippines in that store and the guys that work there really know there stuff, tons of ora corals and very fair prices.

NY REEF AQUATIC, does sell fish from the philipines BUT also has real nice tangs from Bali and some of the most amazing aussie corals. They also have very high end mushrooms that other stores don't carry. Not as much knowledge as pets aquatic but also fairly priced

There's a store Caribbeanblue out in like islip they have very cheap prices and a large selection.

The place btjs jungle is nice to go in and browse just not to buy anything from lol

I used to like aquarium Village but not anymore, they lied to my friend who bought 100lbs of liverock from them and told him it was real and covered in coraline but its clearly purple painted reef saver rock, that's not the only reason but the straw that broke the camels back

Im also out on the westbury pets warehouse, the guy that used to run the reef tanks went out to the other store on longisland and now the only thing that store is good for is if you have a file fish, that is the place to shop to get it fat!

How much more off topic can I get on this rant, sorry OP.
Still looking for you I didn't forget. I'll pm you later if he calls me back

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: