aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I know with 1000+ members it is worth a shot asking:
I am looking to buy a commercial grade Coffee grinder like a Rancilio or Mazzer and was wondering if there was anyone on this board who might work in that field that could hook me up? I'm looking to get out of this as cheaply as i can.
Any advice would be apprecited
Aaron

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
wow, how much coffee do you drink? :scratchch

maybe you can find a used one in one of the shops on bowery if no one here has one.

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Try Restaurant Depot, in Maspeth, Queens. It's at 74 st and Grand Ave, just off the LIE. It takes up the whole block. You might need to open an account, though (wholesale only, I think.) But, they have EVERYTHING.Sorry, but I don't have the phone #

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Jhale, I drink A LOT of coffee.
I really just posted here on the off chance that someone owned a restuarnt supply business or had a cafe that was closing. You never know.
The grinder i am looking at costs as much as a Calcium reactor so any price break i could get would be very welcome.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thanks for the tips BC but I went for a cheap domestic the first time around, Now i have a grinder that is held together with gafffer tape. This time i am going all metal, fully commercial, so that hopefully this will be the grinder they bury with me.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Aaron;

Bodum makes a good burr grinder at a reasonable price. You should check out coffeegeek.com

Also was thinking of getting the Pasquini Livia 90 Capuccino Machine or the new bodum cappucino machine is a great deal and a work of art IMHO.

kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Good stuff Aaron! I'm into coffee also, working around a bunch of Europeans in a lab while I was in school in Rochester, NY got me that way. Although I don't drink much anymore. I have a Mazzer grinder and Rancilio espresso machine but when I came back home my mom didn't share my enthusiasm, lol. So when I redo my room for my new skimmer I'm ordering I'm going to make a nice area to showcase the coffee stuff off also right next to my tank.

I got mine from http://www.wholelattelove.com/, they are actually located in Rochester so I just went and picked it up. But I didn't get a hook up or anything, cost more than my new skimmer. Talk about two expensive hobbies.

I even got one of those piston tampers. I could never get 30lbs of force right :lol:.

Last edited:

kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
ECFENCING said:
Aaron;

Bodum makes a good burr grinder at a reasonable price. You should check out coffeegeek.com

Also was thinking of getting the Pasquini Livia 90 Capuccino Machine or the new bodum cappucino machine is a great deal and a work of art IMHO.
Yeah, coffeegeek.com is a good site.

Pasquini livia 90, man talk about expensive. Auto or manual?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I've got some nice columbia supremo, anyone want to trade some frags for it? ;)

mmmmmm coffee :D

darn, now i'm going to have to make some, you guys are a bad influence :P

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Iam currently at 20+ cups of coffee. I went out and got one of those fully automatic machines. Fill water tank, fill bean tank then just press buttons. Freakin thing froths the milk for a good cappucino. Worth every penny man!!! If you are looking for something for yourself they have entrylevel automatics for under 500 at bed bath and beyond.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Paul

Manual. Really want a Technivorm auto drip machine as well. Supposedly the best out there and one of the few that brews coffee at the correct temp. The Mocca Master CD was the one I was looking at.

wholelattelove is a great site as well as sweetmaries (I think).

Right now I have a 14 year old Gaggia Classic machine. It still works great though but really like the look of the Pasquini but at $1500 I think I'll pass.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am currently trying to convince my wife that we need to buy a Faema E61 Legend single group - my absolute dream machine and in the same price range as a car. I currently have an original Bezzera classic lever action manual machine which is good but its in need of a service.
Its good to see there are a few other coffee freaks out there, I dont feel so wierd now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: