Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I just picked up a 30g cube form an MR member and want to have some holes drilled for an Overflow and return.

I'm planning on making this primarily for a clown/anem. So don't need super high flow.

I recall seeing an online site that sold premade overflows. Anyone recall/know who?

Thanks

Ricvh

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Rich: There's this guy Christian on wetdryfilter.com. I think it's a big expensive though. What I would do is drill a hole in the upper left hand corner and then get a piece of black of blue acrylic and glass as support behind that (probably don't need that) and place it diagonally. Use a dremel to make the teeth.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Or you can buy a small piece of acrylic and make your own.

Here is a picture of my old cube with a 6 inch tall internal overflow:
30cubefullfront.jpg

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Efencing that was the place... Thank you!

I do have enough arcylic laying around to make my own. Maybe I will give it a shot. It will be another arcylic learning experience.

Cali... I love the cube! great job!

Of course I will look around, but im not in a rush so maybe making my own is the best route to go.

Thanks all

Rich

Last edited:

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
That's a nice job Pierce.

It's not that difficult to make your own. All you need is one piece about 1/8" below the lip of the aquarium placed diagonally in the corner. I can take pics of my overflow if you like but Cali's overflow box looks better.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Sean said:
If you need the tank drilled we do it here at my shop.

Sean,

I may take you up on that.

I was thinking 3 holes. One for overflow (1" BH) to sump and two returns (3/4" bh).

How much do you guys charge per hole?

Thanks for mentioning it... I was gonna start looking for that next.

Rich

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Its really a simple job to make an overflow. here is mine that i made for my old AGA 15Gal designer with a dremel and a jig i made from a couple of scraps of wood. If you have any questions i could talk you through it.

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 57

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Aaron,

I have been through the cutting holes in tanks and really can't be bothered doing that part. I will however spend the time and make the actual overflow and plumbing.

Thanks

Rich

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: