inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Frank,
Does it look like it's starving?
Did you try sushi eggs (small orange ones) like JH?
Mandarins don't usually do well in such small tanks, even I was hesitant to get one 2 weeks ago. Seems to be doing well for now.
How long has your tank been running?
Supposedly you should have your tank running for at least a year before adding a mandarin.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I was a believer of one year also inline. Then I got one at about 7 months. Just couldn't wait any longer. My fuge had been running for about 4 of those months and was crawling with pods. That was a year and a half ago. My mandarin has been fat and happy ever since. I even added a food competitor back in October, a pipefish. Both are doing great.

Moral of the story, if done right, you can have a mandarin in less than a year.

I would not have one without a fuge though. So Fry, I'd set one up ASAP, especially if you have a small tank with minimal LR.

Russ

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
fry is the mandarin in your nanocube? Guys, it's going to be hard for Fry to attach a Refug unless Fry converts some of the chambers in back into a compartment space for the fuge. Otherwise he need to do some drilling and spilling...If it's not for your nanocube then nevermind.

BTW, welcome Dennis! Don't feel like you have to lurk, join in like you're doing! :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: