235   6   0
Today's update:
IMG_0249-1.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Any updates,yeah man I know how u feel I lost my batches 2 times then by the time I cough about 45 larvae my rotifers crash cuz my green algae crash first that what rotifers eat I got to save 4 , 1 came out funny looking ,I got the hang of it,but I stop for personal reasons now I bond 2 pairs of Rods onyx X platinum they are starting to do " the dance " here n there 1 of the pair but good luck raising them its a pain in the nutz but lotz of fun enjoy bro ;)

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Tonight i witness my first hatching. This was the 3rd set of eggs laid. I do not believe the 1st batch lived, i was away for the 2nd, but i have a few pics from this one! Pics to follow.

12:35 the eggs started to pop.

Wesley

Clownfish Pimp
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
When they are first born, they all pretty much look the same. Kinda transparent, and you can see their big eyes are their guts. By next few days while they developing the nerves, they'll get darker and darker. When it's about to go into metamorphosis, the first bands would start to show up. At that point, it'll start to see the different because of the bands. Then the other color comes next. Regardless, it would be great to post picture everyday to share to everyone to see.

Oh wait! He said he was going to give it to someone to raise them. But from reading his last post, i don't think he was trying to collect the larvae.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Rookie, please collect them.
When my live cultures are stable to support both the fresh water babies and saltwater babies(currently my priority is on FW Glofish babies-trying to make new colors.) I can try raising them for you if no one else is.

I probably will start conditioning my odd pairs soon. I had an OCs and a B/W pair, a Snowflakes and B/W going too. Hope they are in mood soon when I start to condition them.

Last edited:

Wesley

Clownfish Pimp
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Yea, I wouldn't mind help raise them as well, if you need any help.

Pre-prep rearing tank ready to receive any new hatch any time:
IMG_3084-LarvaeTank.jpg

Some of the various type of phytoplankton:
IMG_3064-Phyto.jpg

Rotifer:
IMG_3063-Rotifer.jpg

One of the rearing stations with water sump and phytoplankton sump at the bottom:
IMG_3069-Station.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I can only dream to have that much green water!

What's your ratio of green water : roti?

Yea, I wouldn't mind help raise them as well, if you need any help.

Pre-prep rearing tank ready to receive any new hatch any time:
IMG_3084-LarvaeTank.jpg

Some of the various type of phytoplankton:
IMG_3064-Phyto.jpg

Rotifer:
IMG_3063-Rotifer.jpg

One of the rearing stations with water sump and phytoplankton sump at the bottom:
IMG_3069-Station.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: