• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I'll try neglecting my tank for a while coz doing weekly 20% WC ain't doing me no good for now. No growth at all

dba

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As in didnt clean, didnt look at it, barely even feed anything. Only thing i would do is fill it with water when i saw the levels were at absolutely ridiculously low.

+1

that's how i felt until recently, which is why i didnt do a WC for 6 months.. i would only top off, and clean glass with magnet cleaner..

then an opportunity to sell it came along, and i decided that i couldnt let go of something i put so much energy and work into.

and there's where my renewed interst comes in.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
23-30 nitrates is completely fine, You dont really have SPS so your fine with that. Tanks looking pretty good for 6months no water change a little GHA i see but thats fine at least i think i saw some. Everything looks good tho bud.

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Pics please!!!

We must remember not everyone agrees with what a tank looks like when it is in the owners opinion of "doing/looking great"

Your great mite be others nightmare, just saying.

Nothing wrong with that its just peoples taste vary and if your happy with it thats the most important thing ;)

still would like to see pics.

dba

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Pics please!!!

We must remember not everyone agrees with what a tank looks like when it is in the owners opinion of "doing/looking great"

Your great mite be others nightmare, just saying.

Nothing wrong with that its just peoples taste vary and if your happy with it thats the most important thing ;)

still would like to see pics.

absolutely. my tank looks no where near as amazing as some tanks i've seen.

What i am saying is that this is the best my tank has looked since i put it up.. this is my first tank, been p since april.. i got a lot of help from MR in those first couple of months

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I would never tell anyone to go against what they believe is right. If you want to change your water every week giddy up.

There was a post a few months ago regarding water changes and in jest i said i wasnt going to change mine anymore. Unless i see something very wrong im going to keep my water column as is for the next three months. I'll monitor it as usual, take readings, etc. I'll post something in 3 months with readings to see if anything changes. I'll take pics tonight of corals as well.

I read a post from another member, can't recall whom - heck it might of been another site, who said there was always a natural cure for a problem in a system. You just have to find out what it is. You have flat worms? Get a nudi and a six line. You have aiptasia get peppermint shrimp. I wonder, what miracles does so called "dirty" water hold?

.....thinking about it logically i bet old/dirty water is rich with nutrients and thats why we all saw extreme growth.

dba

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I neglected my tank in some ways, in others not..I always kept my feeding up...

I had 4 fish (2 clowns and 2 damsels) for a very long time and only fed once every 2 weeks. Now that I have 9 fish.. I feed one cube of mysis shrimp twice a week, this has been the routine for the past couple of months.

the entire time my tank has been up, i have only had 1 fish die on me. Flame angel, died the very next day after i got it from Maximum Reef, this was before i stopped doing weekly WC. I think i didnt acclimate properly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: