nellynel21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Ok now we are talking business that skimz 121 looks official !!

Skimz 121 is a great skimmer !!
I have it running on my 150g
Air is great ,allot of garbage every 2-3days
Before, do your research make shore is what u looking!
I was on the same page you where switching skimmer left and right until My friend from manhattan aquarium told me to get the skimz 121 .

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
lifereef

the reason why lifereef hasn't come out with anything new is because why fix something that isn't broken

Lifereef and etss hasn't changed a design in year's !!!!!!!!
This doesn't mean there isn't anything better out there ???????????
There are more skimmers on the market than fish that are available!!!
It's like reef tanks no two run the same :screama:

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
cono is correct. if you look at a skimmer like a car, then every few years they get "outdated." but if you look at them for the function they serve, the LR skimmers are time proven. I was having issues with overflowing/ varying water level due to the Venturi clogging. the LR skimmers have a self cleaning Venturi that's much more robust and easy to clean that has yet to clog on me. I set mine up about 8 months ago and have yet to adjust ANYTHING. good luck

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Tagging along to learn more. I have a Seaside Aquatics CS7 and i'm thinking of switching out to something better. I have 2 pairs of spawning clowns and now i'm starting to feed more often. So I think I need a better skimmer. The one I have works pretty well, but its my first skimmer and I feel like there's gotta be something better out there.
I been looking at the new Skimz ones that BRS have, but there are so many options. And now I saw Reef Octopus came out with a new line.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
from someone who has owned and used almost 40 skimmers, honestly there is very little differance in production from most skimmers, some are more efficient then others, some cost more some cost less, some are quieter then others, some are easier to dial in then other's. personally ive had from cheap to high end skimmers, only had a few i really liked the overall things with them, but for me the best skimmer i ever used was a vertex in100 with a pump from a abt 840 on it, loved the skimz as i was a beta tester, was just too much skimmer for my tank and loved my vertex alpha 200

Rick is definitely the skimmer expert, I've gotten all my skimmer advice from him and so far so good although I probably haven't listened very well till my current skimmer lol. Like he said, I've had a few low to high end skimmers myself. I had an ASM G4+ for a while on my old 75, thought it was the best thing ever because of its size and low prove, but honestly, like Rick had told me, they're built with cheap plastic, no neck and overall not up to par with other skimmers (took me a while to realize it). Then I had a deltec sc2060, thought it was awesome and the best thing out there since I spent an arm and a leg on it. Then I found a great deal on a huge deltec AP1003, it was cool for a while but for one, it was way too big for my setup and secondly, buying that thing at retail price is absurd. The skimmer I have now, a Reef Octopus SRO 5000-int, is a great skimmer, relatively in the mid range of cost but great build and performance. Overall, price and brand doesn't always dictate performance.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: