• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
damn perice you know i keep asking you are yous elling crap in the fragswap, i dont know if i hinted you enough to make you sell stuff LOL. Next time im just gonna tell you sell me something while im there. Now i just wanna go over there and raid your stuff.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
After visiting Pierce's tonight I came to the conclusion that the deltec 701 sucks a$$, and older style needle wheel skimmers of the same size diameter acrylic produce near what the bubble king or larger deltecs produce. I'm really starting to think these recirculating skimmers are a bunch of hype.

I wish someone had pics of a euroreef cs12 on here for comparison. I've seen the 12 series in person but it has been a couple of years.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
jackson6745 said:
After visiting Pierce's tonight I came to the conclusion that the deltec 701 sucks a$$, and older style needle wheel skimmers of the same size diameter acrylic produce near what the bubble king or larger deltecs produce. I'm really starting to think these recirculating skimmers are a bunch of hype.

I wish someone had pics of a euroreef cs12 on here for comparison. I've seen the 12 series in person but it has been a couple of years.

Thanks.. Now I can't use the hype and sell it at a profit:fishhit: Damn, I need to find my self a agent or something to hype this up behind the scenes:idea:

I think I'll try a CS8 next..:Up_to_som

kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
jackson6745 said:

hahaha :lol2:, but don't go on RC and say that or get ready :fight2:.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
what! All those top quality skimmer is not any different from other neddle wheel skimmer? ;) I feel much better now that I didn't spend a funtune on top brand skimmer, hhehehe..

Rich, so which one of those three are doing the most work/skimming?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Tom the Barr beckett is pulling the most crap but the concentration of bubbles in the BK is impressive. Pierce could tell you better....

kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
ctxmonitor said:
what! All those top quality skimmer is not any different from other neddle wheel skimmer? ;) I feel much better now that I didn't spend a funtune on top brand skimmer, hhehehe..

Rich, so which one of those three are doing the most work/skimming?

I still think they are better than the rest, the BK is very nice. Very tiny bubbles moving uniformly up and down which is impressive and very quiet. Its just that a barr with the correct pump is extremely good.

S

sparkysreef

Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Action pics. This is 12 hours after completely cleaning the collection cup.
actionpic.jpg

skimmer-cup-dia.jpg

skimmer-cup-height.jpg

S

sparkysreef

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
jackson6745 said:
Sparky that 702 sure looks like it's working well.

Herman
(Insert "this thread is useless without pics" )

Thanks. I forgot to mention that I am skimming more on the dry side too:thrash:

Jonathan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody else out there with a new tunze skimmer not happy with it?
I really liked it for a week or two b/c it was so much quieter than the output on my h&s splashing around, but now i think its terrible.

Its so sensitive to anything and everything. If you stick your hand in the tank it kills the foam head, water changes do the same thing, and if you move it or brush up against it at all the same thing happens. It would be ok if it started skimmer again soon, but it usually takes mine more than 24 hours to start skimming again.

am I the only one with this experience?

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Hey guys, here is my new Deltec APF600 after 48 hours of skimming. The tank had no skimmer for 2 weeks. Just cleaned out the collection cup and its skimming like a mofo.

And this skimmate really really smells bad!

Attachments

• 000_1426.JPG
    000_1426.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 654
  • 000_1427.JPG
    000_1427.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 659

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: