B1N4RY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Reply to Duromega.

did you start having all this issues after you got that live rock ?
right ?

To be honest I remember seeing a small white patch of this one the clownfish when I purchased him. But it never really seemed to have any affect on him or spread. Brooknella Hostilis according to my research has been nicknamed the clownfish disease, although it is not limited to just Clownfish but apparently they are more susceptible.

B1N4RY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
EcoTech Marine Vortech MP10 ES.

Well since I have no fish in my aquarium and won't have any for at least 2 months I decided that I should shift my attention to gathering the rest of the equipment for my aquarium. I don't feed my fish on a daily basis in order to prevent from fouling the water. But I did notice that my sand bed looked a little dirty and I could see areas our the lower perimeter of the live rock that was accumulating waste. One of the things I have learned from the many books that I have read is I need to focus on keeping water... not fish or corals. Keep your water quality in line and the other stuff should fall right in to place with minimal effort.
So I purchased an EcoTech Marine Vortech MP10 ES for my aquarium since. I remember purchasing their very first MP40 when the company first start 10 years ago and I wanted some of that amazing technology again in my aquarium. The design and operation of the pump should address not only my concerns about aesthetics with it small sleek form factor both inside and out of the aquarium but also the efficiency and functionality.

I don't have it mounted completely on the aquarium because I wanted to test out the position as well as the various modes to see what was most complimenting to my aquascaping and overall aquarium dimensions. I'm currently operating the pump on Tidal Swell Mode. I was amazed at how much detritus this literally lifted off the sand and the rocks. My sand bed looks like the first day I placed it in and so far I couldn't be happier. I cannot wait until I get my Apex and Install the RF Module to I can program multiple modes throughout the day. Hopefully tomorrow evening I can get around to mountain the EcoSmart Module and cabling everything accordingly.

B1N4RY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
20 Gallon Long Upgrade.

So after taking a look at my aquarium and seeing how cramped the aquascaping looked. I decided that maybe I should go a little bit larger. So the local Pet Smart was having a sale on 20 gallon long aquariums so I decided that would do just nicely. I wanted to space our the rockwork and provide more swimming space for the fish and growth for the coral.

So the first thing that I needed to do was reinforce the stand that the aquarium was being placed on. The piece of furniture was not designed for the weight of an aquarium. This there was some bowing on the center of the stand from the weight of the previous aquarium. So 1 inch by 1 inch wood beams and I reinforce the center of the stand to support the additional weight.

After reinforcing the stand was completed the next step was to paint the rear glass of the aquarium so that no wires, tubing or equipment would be visible. I used a Rust-oleum latex paint which when dry how a smooth glass like feel on the surface. I take a couple of coats to properly cover the glass at first and dries extremely fast.

The next step was to transfer the some of the existing sand, live rock, inverts & clams as well as the equipment to the new aquarium. I purchased an additional 30 lbs of live sand to give myself a 1.5 inch deep sand bed. Also the Kessil a360w was repositioning in order to spread light across the entire aquarium.

B1N4RY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Reply to Duromega.

I knew you were gonna go bigger anytime soon !!
looking very nice and clean did you also paint those 1x1" reenforcement pieces?

and..
what's gonna happen with the Biocube?

I'm going to do that this evening. Because of the surgery I haven't been able to bend over too much for long periods of time. Also I am selling the other aquarium since I don't have room for it. $50.00 is my asking price.

B1N4RY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Raised My Kessl a360w Tuna Blue LED Pendant.

I had a full day at work today so I didn't have any time to really slack off. So I just though that I would raise my Kessil a360w Tuna Blue LED Pendant about 1.5 inches higher to spread the light a little bit more. I think my little 2 inch Derasa Clam is loving it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: