jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Corals and fishes looks awesome as ever.

Thank you :teeth:

I'll bet it's not in the vodka but the vodka that's in you :)
Awesome tank Rich

The vodka within LMAO! Thanks Rob

this tank is looking better every time i see a new picture.

Thanks fredro. I ripped the left side apart last month and disrupted the symmetry of the overall look. Once The left side grows some more, and I clip the right side a little, I think (hope) the tank will looks its best. We'll see.

With SPS tanks, in one short moment everything can change. One mistake, one piece of equipment failing, one anything. At the moment, I just enjoy what's happening with this tank, because I know I could be at square one very easily. :headache:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I see your nitrates came down a little. I thought you ran a little higher at like 20 or 30ppm

Coming into my busy season at work. I don't have time to monitor the tank so I reduce my nutrient level during the next few months to give me a greater margin of error.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Coming into my busy season at work. I don't have time to monitor the tank so I reduce my nutrient level during the next few months to give me a greater margin of error.

This busy work season has taken it's toll on the reef. Due to neglect, my parameters were all over the place and it took it's toll. I lost a few pieces including my huge shortcake colony, but I was able to save frags from many receding pieces. Over the past month I have stabilized things and have the tank back on track. All sps growing over any recession.
Here is what it looks like now. I'll go into more detail on exact issues later. Just wanted to log progress.

IMG_4106 by rich colombo, on Flickr

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: