samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
looking good sir!
Thanks Allan, and thanks for the tips on template or else i think the wholes will be bad....lol!

Looking good and no problem helping out a bud. Like how you cleaned up the sump.
Thanks :D. I actually only clean the front of the sump only, still need to work on the back. I popped out the front studd, i think it's gonna stay off. Should have listen to you and leave th sump out, gotta clean up a bit more and put in the baffle.

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Pop out the sump and build the baffles, lol. You can move it slowly with some styrofoam/cardboard to keep from scratching the stand.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Pop out the sump and build the baffles, lol. You can move it slowly with some styrofoam/cardboard to keep from scratching the stand.
You, the sump is out and cleaned. Just gotta go get some glass cut to size tomorrow and hopefully get the time to install it.

Ah no problem, you had it under control regardless I can already tell. Sorry I didn't make it out to help, keep me posted on the next move.
I'm out of control once i'm in reefing...lol! will keep you posted. thanks,

Looks like a good start! ..subscribed
Thanks Eric! :)

Although all plumbing is not ready yet, I already filled the tank half full to start the tank cycle :). still waiting for some parts and pump to connect everything.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Some updates.

Finally added rocks and put I a few shrimp to start the cycle. The sump still needs to be glue and plumb to the DT.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Wow talk about rapid build.

I like the PVC light holder would you be able to adjust it if you wanted to?

Thanks n3hihz! I think I slowed down a bit compare to my previous build...heheheehe....Yes, u would just have to replace the bottom part of the PVC with a longer piece or just connect to another piece to make it longer, or trim it down.

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
I would put a piece of starboard the length of the bottom of the tank to keep a heavy rock from dropping directly onto the glass bottom to protect your investment.

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Hi Mike, thank you! Wish my tank would look as good as yours some day. Your tank is awsome. Are you still running it bare bottom? I'm going to run it bare bottom and see if I like it, if not I'll add sand back in.

Yes still BB and loving it ;)
Tank is not as good as it once was I lost or removed my acropora due to AEFW :(
Live and learn. I also starved my tank, remember when you go BB you need to feed your tank ;)

Gota love this hobby.......always learning and trying to improve ;)

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Yes still BB and loving it ;)
Tank is not as good as it once was I lost or removed my acropora due to AEFW :(
Live and learn. I also starved my tank, remember when you go BB you need to feed your tank ;)

Gota love this hobby.......always learning and trying to improve ;)

Sorry to hear the AEFW. I hope your tank recover better than before soon. I don't think I'll ever starve my tank. I love feeding my tank....hahaha, more of over feeding. Since going bare bottom, did you experience unwanted algea bloom of any kind?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: