• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks Froggie! Man I need a new camera so I can take some better shots!

Here's a series of shots that I took of the clown goby (R.I.P) that got eaten by the mantis...man was he awesome..

124u2ps.jpg

Another shot...
124u3hw.jpg

He liked to "host" in the Frogspawn- which I though was pretty cool :D
124u4xg.jpg

One more..
124u5fk.jpg

I have another goby thats currently sitting in a tupperware catainer (w/ holes for flow!) in order to keep it until I can catch the evil mantis..

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks Kris! Well the those zoos were almost all destroyed by the giant worm that ate my tiger eyes and all the shrooms in my tank! They are making a comeback though!

Wish I had gotten a pic of the worm, but here's the bastard causing me headaches currently..

124u6qd.jpg

ROAR! This guy hates me - he only comes out when he hears my voice and sits there taunting me until I (which I always do) give in and try to grab it w/ a pair of longnose tweezers- he then promptly runs and hides!

124u914.jpg

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I thought this was a cool shot- a feather duster housing in this snails shell!
124uceb.jpg

and again, where you can see what I think was aiptasia? Its all gone now I think, and it only ever grew in that one spot...
124uc2h.jpg

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Cool new Harlequin brittle that I got - don't see him too often anymore though..

124uff7.jpg

Orange Ric I got in the same GB! Have 6 or 7 more rics now - will show them next time!
124uhhu.jpg

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Kris- you better start soon! Seems you were quicker to start that FW oscar tank... :scratch: ;)

Pretty amazing- I have to say that I love the rock I got (sans Mantis) from tampabaysaltwater. I noticed one of these shrimp only a few months ago - and then only recently noticed the second! Where were they hiding the last year in my tiny 16g???

124uib8.jpg

Last pic for tonight- the Urchin HH that I also didnt' know was in my tank until just a few months ago- Now I see him constantly! I have to get a better pic though..
124uj2t.jpg

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
No FTS tonight- but will have one when I get back! (its really not all that different than the last one, just a few additions) The next shot will have a really nice Pink Tipped Frog Spawn that I just got today from Slama- thanks man!

Just wanted to show what this tank look like back September 1st, 2005! Man what a difference 10 months makes!

124v3w8.jpg

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Look for those worms! They are evil!!!

I lost almost 80% of my zoos, and 95% of my shrooms in about 2 weeks. I saw the worm eating zoos- so I'm pretty sure it was all him. the water (alk and ca were a little off) was OK - could've been better, but Frogspawn never looked better, so I figure zoos and shrooms should be OK!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
nah, no zoo pox for me! (knock on wood!) no white spots on my zoos anywhere... just sudden and total destruction when it happened (and all shrooms too!)

zoos are all making a comeback w/ no white spots to be found (phew!) :cheers:

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
OK FTS time!!!!

Tank's not looking so bad- after the worm incident which devestated my zoo and shroom population, things are starting to grow back. The brain coral is starting to look better again after its fall onto the zoo colony, and I have some new additions such as a pink tip frogspawn from slama, a new acan from joe, and lots of rics from the floridasealife group buy!!!

btw- the floating container is what is keeping my clown goby from being Mantis food. I really really do not want to take apart my tank :( to catch the mantis, especially since things are looking so good right now... sigh.

15wkz9i.jpg

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
and yes i know the clam is sliming (and its hurting the gorg. i believe..) but its not gaping, and the coloration is still great.. yes I know i should upgrade to MH from my PCs, but that will still be a little while off as I will be upgrading to a nice 37g w/ a full MH hood in 6 months or so!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Pink Tip Frog Spawn! I love this guy- looks great, I can't wait for it to grow out (the green tip FS in the back was once his size- and only 10 months ago!)

15wl83p.jpg

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
PC lighting isn't so bad ;) - check out this SPS frag I got at last summers swap ('05)... it was once a frag smaller than a couple of quarters- and it is now getting pretty large. Obviously would do better under better lighting, but I think its neat that this experiment actually has done well in my tank!

15wl9o4.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: