Staaan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thanks. Nah, give it a try. Good thing about LEDs, it's $6-$8 a pop, buy a few and give it a go ;)

Yeah.. its really not a big deal. At all. I don't know much about controllers or even dimable drivers. But as far as a constant current driver goes... its like string together Christmas lights.. and I'm a Jew and I found it quite easy.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Yeah.. its really not a big deal. At all. I don't know much about controllers or even dimable drivers. But as far as a constant current driver goes... its like string together Christmas lights.. and I'm a Jew and I found it quite easy.

My old man and I build a few LED strips by using some old laptop power supplies. Nothing fancy. For testing and experimenting, can't beat that.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
are you serious?!? Why?? That had to have been one of the nicest/cleanest DIY led light I've seen!

I took it offline for little while, and my dad thought it was cool to help himself to his son's (me) LEDs :irked: for his 50g breeder.

beautiful setup, i gotta come check it out. Its in jersey or jax?
JC... nothing compared to your tank, Javy! Your tank is my inspiration! :D

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Thanks for all the interest. It's nothing special compared to some of the tanks we've seen of other MR members. But here's 2 quick shot of it today.
Sorry if it looks overexposed, I have new monitors that aren't color calibrated yet. Excuse the box reflection as well, got my kalk reactor today :)

Since the initial build, I've went to 2x150mh and recently back to DIY LEDs, this time with XP-G diodes and 2x Meanwell HLG (couldn't secured 2 Inventronics drivers at the voltage I wanted) drivers for easier control. I've also went with NPX (soon to swap to ecoBAK) biopellets for about a year now, and weekly Prodibio ReefBooster.

08-10-2011.jpg

08-10-20112.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: