Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
well it as come for that time to change my ro-di filters and get new ones in since im starting to see small green spots on the sand bed and my filters are dirty also. Going with a replacement filter pack thanks to Kathy for helping me out and me asking questions if i was going in the right direction with the filters. So i will be goin with the next following.

1) 10 micron sediment filter
1) 5 micron Coconut Carbon Black
1) one micron Coconut Carbon Black
1) Full size vertical color changing DI Cartridge

Didn't u just get that Rodi unit.. I know nj water is bad..lol.. But not that bad to start swapping out the filters already..

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Here is a picture I was able to take while of my Dendro coral using my lowes LED flashlight lmfao. So far this my favorite coral in my tank.

Attachments

• Jersey%20City-20120312-00135.jpg
    Jersey%20City-20120312-00135.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Jersey%20City-20120312-00138.jpg
    Jersey%20City-20120312-00138.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 122

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Where'd you get the Dendros? They look a lot like a Sun Coral from the pics.

the Dendro Coral is very similar to its close cousin the Sun Polyp Coral. The biggest difference, besides the obvious difference in growth pattern, is that the Dendro Coral will have its polyps extended during the day.

I bought it of a member here who was breaking down he's 75G

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Well just got done changing my ro filters what was kinda fun but at least I had the wrench to twist the tubes with out knocking my self with my bare knocks lol. Next I'm going to set a 5G empty bucket to make 5G of ro water then test my Po4 water on the ro to see how everything is going with the new filters

Last edited:

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Well just got done changing my ro filters what was kinda fun but at least I had the wrench to twist the tubes with out knocking my self with my bare knocks lol. Next I'm going to set a 5G empty bucket to make 5G of ro water then test my Po4 water on the ro so how is everything going.

Shoot I always find it hard to open that thing :-/
With or without the wrench lol

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Mine Dendro does it only when the lights are off that's when they fully open. But today I did see them openning while my lights were on. So I guess they just have to get use to the lights little by little.

I think it looks like a suncoral as well. I have seen both stay open during the day and both only open during night time...depends on the corals training (by the owner or nature).

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Well I have come to a conclusion on my tank........its time to get back on track and be serious about this saltwater hobby! I haven't been keeping up with my tanks process except seeing my fish grow other then that nothing else I haven't kept ed up with. I'm going to start to get in to my daily routine starting with weekly water changes of 5G. Hope with all this being done my tank process will improve more then its is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: