Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
What type of foam is that? And does it effect any chemical reaction on the fish? It looks great!!

Nope the foam is fish save buddy I got it in the home depot in spring field nj I think. Since the home depots by my area worent carrying them. Btw thanks buddy. If you are trying to purchase its a white bottle with a black cap on I think its in the planting department of home depot. The name of the bottle I can't really remember well sorry. Just ask them your looking for "foam pond" its what they use when people are making a pond.

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey man, nice looking zoos! Once I get back out there I can fill out your collection a bit more.

You might also want to think about making it at least 10g per week for water changes. Either that or doing 5g twice a week. With five gallons you're only doing about 7 or 8%. I do 15g every week in my 50.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Hey man, nice looking zoos! Once I get back out there I can fill out your collection a bit more.

You might also want to think about making it at least 10g per week for water changes. Either that or doing 5g twice a week. With five gallons you're only doing about 7 or 8%. I do 15g every week in my 50.

Thanks Jay just give me a text or call once your in the area bro. As for the water change I was told the same thing at M.A today to do more water changes. I will just doing the 15G once week for a months to see if any changes in the tank. If it does then I will know 15G of water changes is my lucky number.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Damn what happened

Nothing went wrong just got tired of the rock work and the hair algea got be crazy every where in the tank. So I was like let me start fresh over I have everything I nedd and everything I have learned from other member on here. So that's what I did I took everything sand rocks and now the tank is spotsless just with ro water dripping on to the tank.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Good times lol

Attachments

• IMG-20120413-00265.jpg
    IMG-20120413-00265.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG-20120413-00266.jpg
    IMG-20120413-00266.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG-20120413-00267.jpg
    IMG-20120413-00267.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG-20120413-00268.jpg
    IMG-20120413-00268.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 75

shmibly

True Maggot
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have a sailfin tang in a 55g, he's such a beautiful fish and loves to ride the current, but he's getting too big for my tank and now I gotta think about moving him :( I would rethink it too, who wants to have to struggle getting a fish out of a tank after a while? ;)

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I actually have a sailfin tang in a 55g, he's such a beautiful fish and loves to ride the current, but he's getting too big for my tank and now I gotta think about moving him :( I would rethink it too, who wants to have to struggle getting a fish out of a tank after a while? ;)

Well I did have a struggle taking out my blue hippo. But once I left the tank with 2 inches of water that's when it got easy to catch him. But right now he's in a 10G till my 55G is back up and running again. He doing pretty good in the 10G I was expecting him to be stress but no he's swimming around.

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
1. U still have to cure the Pukani rock
2. Blue hippo tang in a 10 gal tank is not a good idea, he's stress already and in a small tank he will get more stressed.
Stress with a tang = problem can get ick and and may lose him. And if ur starting all over he will be in there for a while..

IMO .. Find him a new home.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
1. U still have to cure the Pukani rock
2. Blue hippo tang in a 10 gal tank is not a good idea, he's stress already and in a small tank he will get more stressed.
Stress with a tang = problem can get ick and and may lose him. And if ur starting all over he will be in there for a while..

IMO .. Find him a new home.

Your correct ken but I am keeping an eye on him every second as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: