BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I been struggling for a few weeks and research. My apex shows my ph consistently under 7.8. I did confirm the reading with a ph meter. I've even brought my alk to 10 dkh. Nervous to keep chasing it. I've tried opening my window and front door for a few hours and i believe it helps temporarily. But it's in the middle of the day so I'm not positive how much it helped. The ph typically rises after mid day. I have chaeto on the opposite light schedule. Drilling a hole to run the skimmer air line is not an option.

How bad is it for the tank to have the ph constantly dip under 7.8?
Screenshot_20220422-113516_APEX Fusion.jpg

SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I think it may be apex ph probe
Check the ph again and got 7.8 reading but the apex said 6.5
Try to recalibrate but it failed
Need to recalibrate the apex ph probe every few months based on my experience.

Co2 scrubber works but it is expensive to run imo. I had to change my media ever 3 days. Try dripping kalk for a cheaper alternative. Keep in mind it will also lower your phosphates. Possibly run your skimmer air intake tube outside to open air if possible.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Need to recalibrate the apex ph probe every few months based on my experience.

Co2 scrubber works but it is expensive to run imo. I had to change my media ever 3 days. Try dripping kalk for a cheaper alternative. Keep in mind it will also lower your phosphates. Possibly run your skimmer air intake tube outside to open air if possible.
Dang 3 days!?!

SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Dang 3 days!?!
Yup. To expensive so I had to let it go. My ph would increase to 8.2 to 8.3 with the scrubber and my windows open. Because of the increased ph, my alk would dip due to corals growing faster with higher ph. I’d adjust my dosing and then the co2 media would start to deplete causing the ph to dip back to 7.8. The corals stopped growing as fast and my alk would spike. It was a constantly roller coaster unless I was on top of it.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Yup. To expensive so I had to let it go. My ph would increase to 8.2 to 8.3 with the scrubber and my windows open. Because of the increased ph, my alk would dip due to corals growing faster with higher ph. I’d adjust my dosing and then the co2 media would start to deplete causing the ph to dip back to 7.8. The corals stopped growing as fast and my alk would spike. It was a constantly roller coaster unless I was on top of it.
This hobby with a reef tank you really have to stay on top of it I noticed.

Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Skimmer intake from outside air will help a lot. Also cheato opposite to light schedule will bring it up further.
Here is two system in same room to compare. I run calcium reactor on my reef tank.
Reef tank
00D32B28-0124-41CD-A5D5-3C8027147602.jpeg

Below is FOT. Skimmer no outside air, no cheato,
3321A22F-6251-43AF-B6C6-06D32327F542.jpeg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: