Aquarium Village

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Hi

I recently deleted a thread which had become extremely negative. If someone see's something in the store that upsets them they should bring it to my staff's attention. We may not be able to address it that moment but it will be addressed. To "WARN" other reefers and start to spew all kinds hateful garbage is just counterproductive. Let's face it no store is going to please everyone but they are usually owned by people who care about animals and have a love of our hobby. That being said, we are not going out of business and we are not selling off our equipment and tanks. We are in the process of changing over most of our equipment to improve our filtration and living conditions for our livestock. We apologize for the small lapse in cleanliness, if that is how you see it, but we are working on all of our existing systems and we are adding additional systems. This project has taken us a little longer than expected and working on this much change and trying to stay open has been more difficult than we expected. All of the fish systems are now finished and should be back to 100% in the next day or so. Our new state of the art frag tank is being connected and should be up and running within the week. We will also be adding additional tank set ups for specialized livestock.
Some of these changes were necessary due to the lack of electrical power and various other outside problems, which were not in our control. All of this has been solved. During this period, we have not compromised any of our fish or coral. We did, however, suffer some losses on the SPS front. We all know how delicate they can be. This too is being rectified and we will announce a super special on SPS within the next few weeks, to show that we are better than ever.
Thank you for your patience during these growing pains and you will see more and more improvement as the days pass.

Rich

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
i have no issue with the store... EVERY one have its UPs and DOWNs as do our tanks at home. whoever say they have 100% same water parameter at their own tank is total BS

stop by this past week to grab few boxes of salt at great discount price and saw their new frag tank being set up... staff wheel the boxes to my car... great service and week before that stopped by for my son to use bathroom and brought some fish

ssminnow81

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.7%
67   3   0
Hi

I recently deleted a thread which had become extremely negative. If someone see's something in the store that upsets them they should bring it to my staff's attention. We may not be able to address it that moment but it will be addressed. To "WARN" other reefers and start to spew all kinds hateful garbage is just counterproductive.

Do you feel it's productive by deleting a thread that was criticizing
your store to where the thread is now? Everyone in the last thread wasnt bashing ur store they were stating what they experienced. That's great that vendors can delete threads that have negative comments but keep threads with positive ones. That's very "productive"!

REEFSTA

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
the man that started the thread was crying over toll money lol, I always loved the store and the people who work there are always nice good luck!!

I'm the guy that started the thread and trust me moneys not an issue i to me i can sit here and brag but I'm not that type of guy not here to bash you for saying that just don't like my time waisted theres a difference from waisting money and being cheap by u saying that I'm guessing your not a home owner with kids and bills ps toll/-gas aint cheap when you drive an M5

but i will not be responding to this post anymore because i will get banned from the site for stating my honest opinion on a store
i mean i thought thats what feed back was for

the thread was deleted because it was negative no it was deleted because it was the truth i said my part and that was that i was not trying to bash any one and no way was it a personal attack deleting a negative thread and keeping up the positive is like sweeping under a rug its a band aide to the solution from one business owner to another should leave both up if theres nothing to hide people will come and go regardless

that being said good luck to everyone hope the store gets back on track soon

and happy reefing everyone

Last edited:

evolution21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Hi

I recently deleted a thread which had become extremely negative. If someone see's something in the store that upsets them they should bring it to my staff's attention. We may not be able to address it that moment but it will be addressed. To "WARN" other reefers and start to spew all kinds hateful garbage is just counterproductive. Let's face it no store is going to please everyone but they are usually owned by people who care about animals and have a love of our hobby. That being said, we are not going out of business and we are not selling off our equipment and tanks. We are in the process of changing over most of our equipment to improve our filtration and living conditions for our livestock. We apologize for the small lapse in cleanliness, if that is how you see it, but we are working on all of our existing systems and we are adding additional systems. This project has taken us a little longer than expected and working on this much change and trying to stay open has been more difficult than we expected. All of the fish systems are now finished and should be back to 100% in the next day or so. Our new state of the art frag tank is being connected and should be up and running within the week. We will also be adding additional tank set ups for specialized livestock.
Some of these changes were necessary due to the lack of electrical power and various other outside problems, which were not in our control. All of this has been solved. During this period, we have not compromised any of our fish or coral. We did, however, suffer some losses on the SPS front. We all know how delicate they can be. This too is being rectified and we will announce a super special on SPS within the next few weeks, to show that we are better than ever.
Thank you for your patience during these growing pains and you will see more and more improvement as the days pass.

Rich

Which is why you post in general section then the vendor can't delete......"gas ain't cheap when you drive an M5!" I see what you did there.......NICE......lol

I'm the guy that started the thread and trust me moneys not an issue i to me i can sit here and brag but I'm not that type of guy not here to bash you for saying that just don't like my time waisted theres a difference from waisting money and being cheap by u saying that I'm guessing your not a home owner with kids and bills ps toll/-gas aint cheap when you drive an M5

but i will not be responding to this post anymore because i will get banned from the site for stating my honest opinion on a store
i mean i thought thats what feed back was for

the thread was deleted because it was negative no it was deleted because it was the truth i said my part and that was that i was not trying to bash any one and no way was it a personal attack deleting a negative thread and keeping up the positive is like sweeping under a rug its a band aide to the solution from one business owner to another should leave both up if theres nothing to hide people will come and go regardless

that being said good luck to everyone hope the store gets back on track soon

and happy reefing everyone

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I would like to say that I love Aquarium Village, and I don't love much except for Supermodels. I go there all the time and I don't live that close.
I know about aquarium stores as I helped start a few of them and was here, buying fish before "every" single one of them was in business. Aquarium Village is top notch. If it were not I would go to the 15 or so aquarium stores that are with in 7 miles from my house. They have a fantastic selection of corals and healthy fish. A couple of weeks ago I got a pair of bangai cardinals, a pair of bluestripe pipefish and a dragon face pipefish all of which are fantastic and will start breeding (and maybe texting) very shortly. I have seen dozens of aquarium stores come and go but I think Aquarium Village is here to stay. The prices are reasonable for the fish and the corals, especially the frags are well worth it. Those people have a love for fish "almost" as much as I do.
OK, I am done.

Last edited:

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I didnt read the thread that was deleted but will say I have had nothing but good experiences with this store and the people that work there. Ive noticed the more livestock stores move the harder it is to keep everything in tip top shape. If I had any complaints against this store I would say its the sometimes very high marked prices on some livestock yet in the next tank the prices are marked really good for a different item. Overall though they are the only place I go to anymore for fish.

Scribbled

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Although I have not been to AV in the last month or so because of renovation, I have ALWAYS found Rich and his colleagues to be helpful, honest, and a joy to work with. I have always found their fish and coral to be TOP NOTCH, with no problems whatsoever. My experience has been over a long stretch of time since Rich took over, and I have nothing but good and healthy livestock from AV. I understand others may have different experience, but I just want to share my own, and I have been to many other LFS that do not compare to AV.

Rich, keep up the good work!

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Some of there frags have bubble algae on them. It doesn't bother me though. There $7 frags are $10 or more other places. Brushing some algae off is worth the savings.

Their fish always seemed fine to me. I don't worry about putting them in my tank. There dry goods selection is great. They are the only local store I know that carries NLS 10mm pellets and Seachem Kanaplex. The prices are compairable with online prices. I bought a large bottle of Pazipro there much cheaper then online.

Employees are great too. They don't give you BS answers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: