bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Can someone with the time just sift through the Brooklyn list and see which stores are still around and which arent or just post them as you know them. say if their livestock was healthy and prices were cheap or if the corals were the best with great prices.
I know of one on Bay pkwy and dahill rd area
ave U and 17th st.
flatbush and flatlands ave

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Royal aqua world on 65th st and 8th. Chinese owner. They sell a lot of fishing gear, fresh water fish, and a decent selection of saltwater fish and corals. Price might be a bit high for the livestock they carry. I buy my frozen food from them, and bought a couple of fish.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&biw=1920&bih=1069&q=65th+and+8th+ave&gs_upl=2798l7359l0l7612l16l6l0l9l9l1l257l951l1.3.2l12l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89c2454f2d72d7c9:0x7ea368210a4a9c38,65th+St+%26+8th+Ave,+Brooklyn,+NY+11220&gl=us&ei=epMVT73qEYT20gGg0fjPAw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB4Q8gEwAA

There is also another small store on 18th ave beween 74th and 72nd. But I do not remember the name. They have 75gal saltwater tank at the entrance, and lost of aquariums with salt water fishs, not much corals selection whenver i went in. Never bought anything from them, prices on fish were what you would expect to pay.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
there used to be a great dtore with healthy fish and corals at great prices on 86th street near new utreich ave next door to the library. Its not there anymore, anyone know where they relocated too? That was one of the best shops in bklyn. it was chineese owned.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
4818 8th Ave - Chinatown in Brooklyn. Clean aquariums and healthy fishes/corals although because of the language barrier it's not easy to do business there.
80th St, close to 5th Ave - Bay Ridge, new place, opened about a year ago or so - all tanks covered in algea, no sufficient light, terrible.

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
4818 8th Ave - Chinatown in Brooklyn. Clean aquariums and healthy fishes/corals although because of the language barrier it's not easy to do business there.
80th St, close to 5th Ave - Bay Ridge, new place, opened about a year ago or so - all tanks covered in algea, no sufficient light, terrible.
Where is the one on 80th? Is is on 5th or on a side street? Got check out this store in BK Chinatown, parking will probably be impossible to find.

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Hey Bkstang the reason I am asking about the one on 5th is because there is a vendor here called fishluva513 that owns mattys corner and he is around the area you described. I have never been there, but I know a couple of guys that did and they said it was a good place with good prices. Wonder if it's the same place you are talking about.

ssminnow81

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.7%
67   3   0
thats the place. the owner is a nice guy but there just isnt anything in the store ,besides algea. another store on 8th ave and 54th street good prices on sw fish, and the one on 48th st has good prices but u cant ask a question. the last time i was there they had a nice wrasse and i asked what kind it was. she replied "a pretty one".

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
acro
Tonight I stopped by Royal Aqua world on 65th and 8th ave, They had some medium size acro colonies for $40. I bought a nice one, not sure what its called, it's purple. They had quite a few more, most of them looked healthy. I asked how long he had the colonies and the kid said for about two weeks. They also have a special on small yellow tangs for $24.
I think the price on the colonies was good, that's why I purchased, but I usually find his price on fish a bit expensive. The store had a lot of fish and they seemed healthy.
These are the pics of what I bought, it's about 2.1/2" round and 2.3/4" tall.
acro

">
acro

Last edited:

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Yeah i usually go just to buy food, went in the back and i saw the tank. One thing I didn't like was the fact that the light wasn't that strong, but most of the colonies looked healthy, some were bleaching though. The rest of the corals he had in stock were ok, and a bit overpriced. He had tons of fish,
ohh definately, i'll get you a piece, right now I have it on my "quarantine" tank just to make sure that it's healthy and grows

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: