saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Ok ok here it is , I left work early and saw a guy on the stairs smoking a cigarette , and boom there it was , the open opportunity and it went flawless , he showed me his lights and he was real nice , unfortunately it was a 175 gal tank with those spooky flower horn fish and It was well kept , just a lot of rock and those fish, he said that they bring good luck !!!
They are spooky looking !! Lol but it's over guys , it was fun but now clean up and go home!! The thread is over Lmfao

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Ok ok here it is , I left work early and saw a guy on the stairs smoking a cigarette , and boom there it was , the open opportunity and it went flawless , he showed me his lights and he was real nice , unfortunately it was a 175 gal tank with those spooky flower horn fish and It was well kept , just a lot of rock and those fish, he said that they bring good luck !!!
They are spooky looking !! Lol but it's over guys , it was fun but now clean up and go home!! The thread is over Lmfao

lmao...smooth...a FW tank..:goldfish2: ...now we know why he isn't on MR!

...entertaining thread though!
:tub:

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
At least it wasn't a goldfish bowl. :sad2:
I guess even fw people want to show off their finned friends :)

One of the most entertaining threads in a long time. Thnx for the read

Russ

:lol2: I remember right after college, my roommate had a freshwater tank with three big fish. Two oscars and one gar. In the same room, I had a 55 reef setup with some corals an a bunch of nice (but small) fish. Whenever we had people over, they would always politely say "nice tank!" to me, and then "ooh" and "ah" for hours at the freshwater tank. Lol.

Saltwater, good story man. LOL. Maybe you can convince your neighbor to start up a reef tank.

tangy84

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
This is funny, I just read through the whole thread for the first time. I see this tank between 4th and 3rd ave, and 91 or 92nd street. I was always tempted to knock on his door too.. but I would be worried what would the outcome be..

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Hey tangy , i used to live on 92nd and 5th above the bay ridge eatery and across from kfc! Where did you see this tank?? Cause 92 is one way towards 3rd and 91st is the opposite and both blocks have new condos on them!! Im gonna drive by tonight on my way back from staten island and take a look so try to get me a good location so i can try and find it.

What? You thought that this thread is just gonna end with one discovered tank?? Lol
Why not discover the true bounty of the home oceans around new york city and beyond !?! Why not make mr bigger and better and rescue these saltwater enthusiasts from buying bleached out nems from petland ? Lets save those lost reefers people! They need our guidance now , dont ignore the beautiful blue glow from the windows , instead flock towrds the glow like a moth !!! Just dont get too close!! Not yet lol

tangy84

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Hey tangy , i used to live on 92nd and 5th above the bay ridge eatery and across from kfc! Where did you see this tank?? Cause 92 is one way towards 3rd and 91st is the opposite and both blocks have new condos on them!! Im gonna drive by tonight on my way back from staten island and take a look so try to get me a good location so i can try and find it.

What? You thought that this thread is just gonna end with one discovered tank?? Lol
Why not discover the true bounty of the home oceans around new york city and beyond !?! Why not make mr bigger and better and rescue these saltwater enthusiasts from buying bleached out nems from petland ? Lets save those lost reefers people! They need our guidance now , dont ignore the beautiful blue glow from the windows , instead flock towrds the glow like a moth !!! Just dont get too close!! Not yet lol

I seen it like 2 month ago while their blinds were open, I'll try to walk by and stalk them tonight and see where it is :shhh: and I used to work in the Fort Hamilton financial center across the street at New York Life.

ssminnow81

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.7%
67   3   0
I didnt realize how many brooklyn reefers there are y dont we do a frag swap? we can even meet up at the brooklyn aquarium society meetings in the coney island aquarium. just an idea, and sorry if i change the thread topic.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
I didnt realize how many brooklyn reefers there are y dont we do a frag swap? we can even meet up at the brooklyn aquarium society meetings in the coney island aquarium. just an idea, and sorry if i change the thread topic.

No problem bro I'm not thread crazy , my threads are designed for good laughter , and that does sound like a good idea

yah-the submariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
LOL,this was pretty entertaining. hilarious ending,but Flowerhorns are expensive and pretty awesome fish. To have several in one tank health and clean means he knows what he's doing. I agree with E.in the C ,i had a 90 gallon glass cichlid tank(i moved to my wifes school,and the kids love it) and replaced it with 90 gallon acrylic saltwater. people come over and say "wow,that's pretty,i miss your other tank though" smh.
This was great because i've seen some amazing tanks on here and as i'm a visual learner i wanted to visit and check out as many tanks as possible,take a tour so to speak.lol but i decided it was too creepy and dismissed the idea.LOL -i say go for it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: